Simmons: Peyton Manning NFL MVP through 11 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
ESPN Page 2 - The Sports Guy's Week 12 picks

Colts (+2.5) over CHARGERS

Put it this way: If Tom Brady played every down after two summer knee surgeries, limped around for all of September, kept his injury-depleted team alive with some clutch plays, rounded into shape and improbably positioned his team as a sleeper contender, I'd be covered in body oil and sparkle right now. Peyton Manning has to be the MVP through 11 weeks. As Mike "I Wish I Could Go Back In Time And Talk Dog Out of Leaving" Francesa would say, that is a yooge, YOOGE job by Peyton Manning. Gotta hand it to him.

so let me get this straight, even when he has a bad year, because his team happen to squeeze by and get a couple more wins over .500, when they really should be 4-5, he is the mvp? Kurt warner is mvp before manning is, not that I want him to be, but he took a crappy cards team and make them better, come to think of it, lets throw brett favres name in their too, after all, he hobbled on, prosthetic hip and all, and took a 4-12 team and made them better...never mind all the other players out there.

Peyton Manning's crappy play during the first few weeks is one of the reasons why the Colts got off to such a slow start. I don't see how he's MVP simply for starting to make up for his own mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back