PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Simmons: Brady has broken ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would Simmons even know? He lives on the west coast and is a columnist. It isn't like he works a beat and makes a lot of contacts.

WHERE's THE LINK???

I hate threads like this. The thread subject line should not sound so
matter of fact for something so upsetting. IMO. How about something like:
RUMOR: Bill Simmons thinks Brady has rib injury

In 1957 Johnny Unitas played with broken transverse processes in his back and used the first flack jacket. In 1958 when the Colts beat the Giants in what was probably the best championship game of all time he had fractured ribs and was again wearing a flack jacket. I could be wrong on these since I got them out of old Sports Illustrated Magazines. I played hockey in college with fractured ribs and could barely breathe so I hope that Tom does not have a rib problem. It will be hard to breathe and if he gets hit, he will feel like he will die.

When Brady ran off the field and into the locker area, the TV announcers made the same comment. They also showed that he had some type of rib pads as he was lifting his shirt.

Easy to speculate and doubt Simmons has a source that can verify this.

Re: WHERE's THE LINK???

I hate threads like this. The thread subject line should not sound so
matter of fact for something so upsetting. IMO. How about something like:
RUMOR: Bill Simmons thinks Brady has rib injury

It was posted on twitter so its not like its a rumor. Its not like it says "Brady Broken Ribs". It says according to Simmons.

It was posted on twitter so its not like its a rumor. Its not like it says "Brady Broken Ribs". It says according to Simmons.
Twitter is now a reporter of record?

Re: Brady Broken Ribs?

For as tough as Brady is... I wonder why he eschews so many bits of safety equipment. He wears practically a kicker's helmet (remember quarterbacks used to wear helmets with facemasks that had an extra bar at the bottom which helped them from getting cracked on the jaw?) and now he doesn't wear a flak jacket until afterwards?

Like it or not, the guy sets a standard people follow. He should be on the leading edge of safety equipment.

I know, it's not technically his responsibility but...it'd just be nice.

Bill Simmons doesn't know squat. He is a traitorous, overhyped, self-asborbed jerk who should stick to fantasy basketball articles.

It was posted by an ESPN reporter, so its worth posting atleast. Whether its true or not is a different story

"Twitter" doesn't report anything. The people who post on Twitter do.

I deleted your post, IIRC, because it sounded like a joke. What was your source?

well this is the surprise of the century. The Official surprise of the century.

That is a crock. You cannot break your ribs and be able to jog like he did, back to the field.

When you break your ribs, it hurts, even just to breath. I honestly think it was an equipment issue, when he went to the locker room.

70 year old Jim Calhoun fell off his bike on mile 25 of a 50 mile bike race.

He got back on the bike and finished up his ride.

He was checked out later: he broke 6 ribs in the fall.

70 year old Jim Calhoun fell off his bike on mile 25 of a 50 mile bike race.

He got back on the bike and finished up his ride.

He was checked out later: he broke 6 ribs in the fall.

It's one thing to do it in a bike race (guy is still tough as nails though). It's another animal, completely, to do it in a football game. Anybody that's broken ribs in a game can tell you that.

I dont think Brady would of been back in the game as quick as he was if indeed he did sustain broken ribS.

Having ditched into a tree because I was going downhill at high speed on a bicycle I found had no brakes....I can say there's probably a great deal of variation among cracked rib injuries.

Lots of players play with bruised or cracked ribs from contact. My doctor asked me about pain from the broken collarbone and told me I had a very high threshold for pain when i told him I hardly noticed it. The reason was it hurt so much to breathe, or move because of the ribs.

Maybe an MD can chime in, but unless those players are androids, they aren't playing with that type of rib injury IMO.

I'm pretty sure you can technically break, or fracture (same thing) ribs while still not affecting the motions you need too much.

Last edited:
there is no way he would know if brady had broken ribs the pats are the best at hideing player injury

if he had broken ribs he would not play in the game just one week after

lol @ Simmons having sources. He has a couple in the NBA, maybe, but they're not exactly relevant here...

If Brady is playing with cracked ribs and Moss is playing with a bung back, the these two seasons deserve to go down as some of the greatest performances of all time. They are both majorly inhibitive injuries.

Playing with cracked ribs... man, there would have to be so many pain killers involved that TB would be throwing picks at key points in the game....

Watch the post game press confrence. He is so on pain killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back