PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Simeon Rice vs. Dwight Freeney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rice doesn't work out for em', I think the Deacon might still be out there somewhere. He's WAAAAY better then Freeney :rolleyes:

Well, I guess people don't agree with me, but I still say Rice was a better DE than Freeney ever was.

Freeney's only had 9 sacks in his last 25+ games. Rice has actually had more than that in his last 25 games, and he's coming off a pretty serious injury.
By your logic, we would be a better team if we replaced Seymour with Sapp. Sapp has 12 sacks in his last 25 games compared to 6 for Seymour.

Stats are for fantasy football. There is a reason Rice has been cut from two teams in a year, and Freeney received a huge contract.

Last edited:
Why's everybody jumping on jjdche? I agree Freeney is the type that gives Light trouble, but Rice has been a monster and a much better defensive end through his career.

Unless you know him personally and are aware of his injury situation, why would you assume he is now a bum? He had 14 sacks as recently as 2005.

I remember there was some receiver that was so washed up he was traded for a fourth rounder. Moss or something.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why's everybody jumping on jjdche? I agree Freeney is the type that gives Light trouble, but Rice has been a monster and a much better defensive end through his career.

Unless you know him personally and are aware of his injury situation, why would you assume he is now a bum? He had 14 sacks as recently as 2005.

I remember there was some receiver that was so washed up he was traded for a fourth rounder. Moss or something.:rolleyes:

Yeah Rice is such a monster he was just cut by a team with a terrible d-line. Rice is washed up.

Despite two injury years, Rice has 16 sacks over the last 3 years. Freeney has 20. Go back further and the comparison's a joke.

Since Freeney is short and ****ty against the run, shouldn't he be compiling some sack stats? I mean, what else does he do?

I'm personally very happy the Dolts invested so much money in him.

Yeah Rice is such a monster he was just cut by a team with a terrible d-line. Rice is washed up.

How insightful. It's fortunate that teams all play exactly the same defenses so armchair experts can make direct comparisons.

I hope he's washed up, but i don't have all the inside information you do.

I'm actually a little worried about Rice being better than Freeney.

Freeney has been totally ineffective as a pass rusher the last two seasons and we know his run defense is weak. Rice, in his prime was a better DE than Freeney.

If Rice has sufficiently recovered from his injury and he clicks being back in Dungy's defense, I think he could be as good or better than Freeney.

Rice has probably hit the wall, but I'm not positive yet. He had 14 sacks as recently as 2005. 2006 was injury plagued and apparently this year he's had problems getting in sync with Denver's defense. It'll probably end up as a downgrade, but Rice is the more talented player, so I'm going to keep an eye on it.

Here's the way it goes:

When Freeney is healthy, he is an ineffective pass rusher and a poor run stuffer (this seems odd though, as he demands a constant double team, has flushed and pressured the hell out of most QB's this year, and the run D is at 105 per-a far cry from 173 per like last year. If he sucks so bad, why aren't teams running over him on every down)

When Freeney is injured, all the sudden, he was the "Pro Bowler" everyone remembers, and will be sorely missed. Just the way it is in NE land.

As for Rice, a no brainer of a pick up. Huge potential upside with minimal downside. I think the guy will feel like he has something to prove. Hopefully, he's in game shape by the time Jax comes to town. Although, they expect him to play right away, I don't expect him to be on top of his game out of the gate. Interested to see how this develops.

Edit:

Probably has been spoke of that 30 some odd teams passed, and I am sure some mentioned that there aren't 30 some legit teams that would vy for his services.

If you are a 2-3 win team, you think Rice will be THE one guy that will allow you to rip off 7 and a row and finish 10-6, and still maybe not make the show?? And if you are a 5+ win team, do you need him?

Out of curiosity, who are the teams you think could use him (that passed)??

Cleveland?
Baltimore?
Cincy?
New Orleans?
Redskins?
KC?
Seattle?

Last edited:
Freeney has been totally ineffective as a pass rusher the last two seasons and we know his run defense is weak.

Tell that to Tom and Matt.

Here's the way it goes:

When Freeney is healthy, he is an ineffective pass rusher and a poor run stuffer (this seems odd though, as he demands a constant double team, has flushed and pressured the hell out of most QB's this year, and the run D is at 105 per-a far cry from 173 per like last year. If he sucks so bad, why aren't teams running over him on every down)

When Freeney is injured, all the sudden, he was the "Pro Bowler" everyone remembers, and will be sorely missed. Just the way it is in NE land.

As for Rice, a no brainer of a pick up. Huge potential upside with minimal downside. I think the guy will feel like he has something to prove. Hopefully, he's in game shape by the time Jax comes to town. Although, they expect him to play right away, I don't expect him to be on top of his game out of the gate. Interested to see how this develops.
Completely clueless as was your prediction of Randy Moss.

Completely clueless as was your prediction of Randy Moss.
How so?? It's right here on this board. Same thing last year with Booger. Bad signing, ineffective, whatever. But in hindsight, pretty nice move. Then, he goes down, and all the sudden, "there goes the run D".

Not sure I veer chimed in much about Randy Moss. Although, I would not have picked him in the first few rounds of a fantasy draft. Welker is the guy I thought would be the best pick up, and one could probably still argue that. Moss gets the late game bombs, but Welker puts the team in positive field position and moves the chains. Who would be a bigger loss?

How so?? It's right here on this board. Same thing last year with Booger. Bad signing, ineffective, whatever. But in hindsight, pretty nice move. Then, he goes down, and all the sudden, "there goes the run D".

Not sure I veer chimed in much about Randy Moss. Although, I would not have picked him in the first few rounds of a fantasy draft. Welker is the guy I thought would be the best pick up, and one could probably still argue that. Moss gets the late game bombs, but Welker puts the team in positive field position and moves the chains. Who would be a bigger loss?
Anthony McFarland, at the age of 29, was hardly ever considered washed up. However, Simeon Rice, at the age of 33, was specifically brought in to Denver to rush the passer. Simeon failed miserably as evident that he only has two sacks in the last 14 games, including none this year.

You said the Indy Colts would shut him down when the exact opposite happened.

LOL, find it.
No, you find it since you never back up any of your asinine statements with the FACTS! Funny how the Patriots defense SHUT DOWN Dallas Clark.

Last edited:
No, you find it since you never back up any of your asinine statements with the FACTS! Funny how the Patriots defense SHUT DOWN Dallas Clark.
You call me out, you back it up. Nice job on Addai though ;)

And the claim about the CLIP!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I can FIND many who didn't agree with that worthless statement!!!!

Last edited:
sacks are extremely overrated. dwight's value the last few years were getting qb pressure. thats why they get alot of ints. without dwight , mathis wont be the same player.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I can FIND many who didn't agree with that worthless statement!!!!
Speaking of worthless, look in the mirror chump. Once again the Colts cheat, yet at the end of the day LOSE!

I don't have to back up anything since this is a New England Patriots message board not a Colts message board.

As for Addai, look at the scoreboard LOSER! Look at the scoreboard LOSER!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxsc...playPage=tab_box_score&season=2007&week=REG10

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?game_id=29321&displayPage=tab_box_score&season=2007&week=REG9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back