PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver lining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
A huge benefit to the 2001 win was that it validated the Pats in the eyes of players, especially potential free agents. Accomplished vets like Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, and Ted Washington (the first a FA and the latter two career head cases) were crucial to the Super Bowl wins that followed.

I think getting to a Super Bowl and losing a close game should, at this point, have a similar effect. Brian Waters, Andre Carter, and Mark Anderson made great decisions to join the Pats. Gerald Warren and Chad Ochocinco seem happy with having been here as well.

Who on the Pats would have been happier being on another team. You might be able to think of a guy or two, but there aren't many. That kind of thing will only snowball.

a huge benefit to the 2001 win was that it validated the pats in the eyes of players, especially potential free agents. Accomplished vets like rodney harrison, corey dillon, and ted washington (the first a fa and the latter two career head cases) were crucial to the super bowl wins that followed.

I think getting to a super bowl and losing a close game should, at this point, have a similar effect. Brian waters, andre carter, and mark anderson made great decisions to join the pats. Gerald warren and chad ochocinco seem happy with having been here as well.

Who on the pats would have been happier being on another team. You might be able to think of a guy or two, but there aren't many. That kind of thing will only snowball.

are u serious?????

I really don't know what you're getting at, the Patriots have been known to be a great organization to play for since 2001...That hasn't changed.

The silver lining is we made the Super Bowl with the 31st ranked defense and we have TB and BB.

The problem is the offense isn't balanced. We aren't threatening defenses in the running game at this point, and we don't have a legitimate outside receiver to complement the tight ends.

I think Shane Vereen can be a real good player in time. Ridley seems to be NFL capable.

Hopefully we get bold and make a move for a legit outside threat and a corner/safety.

We're not an "old" team, we still have room to improve and be among the top five teams in the league.

I just hope we get BOLD and really make moves via trade and free agency to complement the draft.

I really don't know what you're getting at, the Patriots have been known to be a great organization to play for since 2001...That hasn't changed.

I think this year refreshes the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye