PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver lining to RedZone Defense issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
While everyone is worried aobut the Red Zone Defense issues, there is a Silver Lining. Through 3 games, the Patriots have only allowed opposing teams into the Redzone 5 times. That's pretty amazing....

Yes, I would like to see them limit a team to a FG from inside the 20, but I am also pretty happy if the opposing team is only getting to the Red Zone once or twice a game.

While everyone is worried aobut the Red Zone Defense issues, there is a Silver Lining. Through 3 games, the Patriots have only allowed opposing teams into the Redzone 5 times. That's pretty amazing....
Yeah, this is something that gets lost in the stats. Plus it is a good excuse for BB to keep the players from starting to listen to the 16-0 talk.

I'm actually not worried about it. It is what it is and it's a weird stat that we're 0-5 but it's a small sample size and we simply have too much athletic ability for this to be an ongoing problem. I won't be concerned if we're poor with it again this week. With athletes such as Samuel, Hobbs, Gay and the OLB I am certain we will be above average (or better) by the end of the season.

And, yes, 5 red zone appearances for the opposition in 3 games is very impressive - and a larger sample szie than the results from those 5 appearances.

Yes, I would like to see them limit a team to a FG from inside the 20, but I am also pretty happy if the opposing team is only getting to the Red Zone once or twice a game.

Yeah, I'm pretty much buying what you're selling. Call me ******ed but I'll take a 0% red-zone success rate so long as we continue to limit the trips into the dreaded "dead zone" to once every 2.4 quarters as we have been doing.

Doubley so, if we continue to score 22.8 points every 2.4 quarters :cool: .

Patriot math can be fun :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back