PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver Lining Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I find that the longer I reflect on the game, the most I accept the fact that we didn't play well and got beaten bad. But, there are positives in every game, and I wonder if anyone else is willing/interested in discussing them.

Sorry if I come off as stupidly optomistic, but there's always next week.

1) Gabriel's catch in the end zone was money. Even with the prevent being used and the defence being soft, it was still a great catch. I was under the impression for most of the game that he was just being covered, but I've been hearing lately that he just didn't play that much. Imagine for a minute when Gabriel and Jackson, playing like they've shown they can, are our 1 and 2 instead of Caldwell and Brown.

2) I thought the defence played fine. Remember, a score being attributed to a big play is always preferable to a score resulting from being driven on all the way down the field, simply because it's easier to prevent those for next week. The secondary was a little weak, but there were plenty of times when Jake had to throw it away, meaning our guys were covering. The Broncos certainly had to punt a lot. Most importantly, the D kept the crowd in the game and tried their best to keep the offence fired up (it wasn't their fault that it didn't work). They didn't make a big play, but they were solid.

3) No sacks allowed. Brady actually made a couple of those scramble for your life then make a 10 yard completion plays that I never thought I'd see from him.

Anything?

Last edited:
CheerforTom said:
But, there are positives in every game, and I wonder if anyone else is willing/interested in discussing them.

Anything?

As I posted in another thread, it was good to see that Maroney can catch the ball and get YAC, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back