PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silly question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIPatFan

Rookie
Reaction score
Perhaps its just my personal perception but I've always felt that Jets fans are for the most part ***holes yet the Giants fans from the same Big Apple, to me have seemed like decent football fans.

I understand we are division foes of the Jetsters and we also had a friendly practice game with the Giants not too long ago. But........

I was wondering, on the eve of our very long awated first game , is this just my disjointed feeling or do others see the Jets fans the same way?

It's just like Mets fans versus azzhole Yankees fans.

Last edited:
I'm sure it depends on who you root for. Cowboys fans probably think Jets fans are a decent bunch.

It's all how ya look at it. you've got good and bad on both sides no matter where ya look. I'm sure the same has been said about Pats fans. There's a difference between ball-busting and stirring up the sh*t. Some people just push it too far.

Any way, yeah i agree. :bricks:

Many New Englanders are Giant fans, or used to be Giant fans.

Who gives a ****! :rolleyes:

Maybe the Jets fans are as-holes because they are disgruntled that the last time the Jets won the title, Namath was still wearing Pantyhose and 'little baby Brett Favre' was taking a dump in his diapers that same year.

Jets fans suck balls! New York sucks ballS!

Giants fans aren't any better, just not as visible to the average Pats fan. I work with one - up until a few years ago he'd punctuate every Pats discussion with "Well, how many SBs have they won?" He doesn't say too much nowadays ;)

Take it from someone whos lived in enemy territory for more than a decade. It's not that Jets fans are ***holes - its that New Yorkers are *******s.

R

No question that it's a visibility thing. JETS fans are far more vocal toward PATS fans than giants fans because of the division. I have even been to a JETS/RAMS game one year, went with some Rams fans and I took more ***** for wearing Pats jersey than they did and they were head to toe in Rams gear. JETS fans still have nothing on EAGLES fans toward visiting teams fans.

I can't say that I personally know any Jets fans. However, I do know several Giants fans, one being my own brother.

Giants fans are total arrogant a-holes when they talk football. I've never seen a group of people who live in the past as much as Giants fans. They use to think that NE was Giants territory and the Patriots just a minor league franchise.

I hate the Giants and have since I've been a little kid. Although the Jets are division rivals I don't hate them as much as the Giants.

I have 2 words for all of you...FIREMAN ED.
The guy looks like a total jerk and when he gets riled up sitting 30 rows back from the 50 yard line...he strikes fear into everyone around him. He symbolizes the angry, frustrated, and desperate nature of all Jets fans alike. See below...

kingsley_2012_firemaned_bruce.jpg

Perhaps its just my personal perception but I've always felt that Jets fans are for the most part ***holes yet the Giants fans from the same Big Apple, to me have seemed like decent football fans.
And yet, as somewhat of a dichotomy, Yankees fans tend to be much bigger a-holes than Mets fans.... hmmmmm....

I lived in NYC, and for the most part Jets fans come from Long Island (the Jets train on Long Island, and used to play in Queens), whereas most Giant fans are from either Jersey (i.e. Bonjovi), or Westchester.

Not enough bad things can happen to Firemen Ed, he is an absolute a-hole. The Giants have a season ticket waiting list that spans decades.

Meanwhile, not too long ago, the3 actually offered to move you up the Giants waiting list, if you bought Jets tickets.

Most people in NYC are either Mets/Jets fans or Yankess/Giant fans, the teams are somehow linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back