Signing NBA players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabwong

Vice President of Boycott NFL Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So, there's a lockout. What do you guys think about signing NBA players? We need a TE. Lebron would dominate ANY matchup. Or, maybe Big Baby on the D line?

So, there's a lockout. What do you guys think about signing NBA players? We need a TE. Lebron would dominate ANY matchup. Or, maybe Big Baby on the D line?

Think we're ok at TE personally.

I always wondered if a guy like Manute Bol had a future as designated FG/PAT blocker.

Regards,
Chris

This is 2011, not 2009!

I'd LOVE to have LeBron as a TE, we only have 2 right now, we could use another.

Kevin durant would make a great WR, i think...

Never mind that it would be at least a year until they could even make it onto the field since none of them are football players, but NBA players are way too selfish to be 1 of 53 guys on a football team.

I wouldn't want Lebron on this team...he would drop a critical 4th quarter pass :p

Kevin durant would make a great WR, i think...

That would be pretty unfair in the red zone if you had Gronk & Durant to throw jump balls to :p

...sign the beast! ;)

Big Baby Playing High School Football - YouTube
Try tackling him. Can't find the vid but he also played DE/LB. Nate Robinson played corner in college. Could be a sick wide out with his verticle and he ran like a 4.38 40 yard dash.

Last edited:
Big Baby Playing High School Football - YouTube
Try tackling him. Can't find the vid but he also played DE/LB. Nate Robinson played corner in college. Could be a sick wide out with his verticle and he ran like a 4.38 40 yard dash.

I love me some big baby! Also, i think Rondo would make a good CB or safety. He can read and make plays and he's super quick with a low center of gravity.

We don't need LeBron playing for 3 QTRs just to quite in the 4th. He's also a crybaby and he doesn't quite fit the "Patriot way."

We don't need LeBron playing for 3 QTRs just to quite in the 4th. He's also a crybaby and he doesn't quite fit the "Patriot way."

If Lebron was playing, we'd only need him in the 1st 3 quarters. :)

While I think some NBA players could be fantastic in the NFL, I doubt any current NBAers would want to put in the work/dedication required of a BB led team (not to mention putting their body in serious injury risk).

I don't know about signing NBA players right now, but I can see 7-foot basketball player-like receivers in the NFL in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
Why would anyone want LeFraud on their team? Seriously. The guy's ego wouldn' fit in Gillette, never mind the locker-room.. Plus, god forbid someone one bump him at the line.. He'd fall over whining and crying like a 2 year old..

I hear Rajon Rondo is a great kick off returner. Oh and Kevin Garnett might be decent at rushing the passer. :p

If Calvin Johnson is dominant at 6'5", how good would the 7-foot version be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes