PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Signed two and gained cap room

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Green's restructure will add as much as Caldwell and Chad Scott use up. Can Stone be far behind (or did someone sign him)?

Seymour's extension will add a bit more to cap room available. It is time to extend those who will come to terms from: Seymour, Branch, Koppen, Hochstein, Samuel, Pass and perhaps even Bruschi and Wilson.
------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Miguel, your mainsheet shows Caldwell signed through 2006 and the free agent shhet shows him signed through 2008. I think the truth is in the middle.

mgteich said:
Green's restructure will add as much as Caldwell and Chad Scott use up. Can Stone be far behind (or did someone sign him)?

Do you see Jarvis ever getting more playing time or will he always be insurance?
Seems to me the ever quicker younger players will soon be making an athletic Jarvis appear a tad slow.

Where did you see that Jarvis restructured?

DaBruinz said:
Since the media keeps on reporting that the Pats are under the cap by $20 million, one of the moves the Patriots had to make to get there was redo Green's deal. If Green did not redo his deal, how does one explain how the Pats got to $20 million under??

It was clear to me (and Miguel) that we would take action on almost all contracts with significant roster bonuses. Most were very public since the player was waived: Starks, Poole, McGinist. Green had a $2.5M roster bonus that cleary needed to be moved to a SB and spread out.

DaBruinz said:

F.B.N. said:
Do you see Jarvis ever getting more playing time or will he always be insurance?
Seems to me the ever quicker younger players will soon be making an athletic Jarvis appear a tad slow.
Jarvis is a very solid player in the rotation IMO, and needed insurance. Sure, he's not Seymour - but who is? (other than Seymour)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes