Welcome to PatsFans.com

Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design

Discussion in 'Religion and Lighthearted Discussion' started by Mista Kool, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Mista Kool

Mista Kool Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If anyone's interested in Intelligent Design, I'd highly recommend Stephen C. Meyer's Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design. The book was just named as one of Amazon.com's top-10 best sellers of 2009 in the category of science and is recieving five-star rating after five-star rating. From Amazon:

Here's the website for the book: Signature in the Cell by Stephen C. Meyer

The author, Cambridge graduate Stephen C. Meyer, is nothing short of amazing. Dawkins and many other well-known supporters of Victorian era junk science (Darwinism) are absolutely terrified of this guy and most refuse to debate him.

Watch/Listen to any of the following and you'll not only have a much better understanding of the greatest scientific revolution of our time (if not all time), but you'll also see just how brilliant the man is and why he's so feared by so many:

(Meyer thoroughly explains what I.D. is beginning at around the eight-minute mark of the previous video)

Here he is eviscerating 'skeptic' Michael Shermer again (this guy's Meyer's personal whipping boy).

Chris Mooney gets perhaps the worst intellectual beat-down yet. To his credit he seemed to realize he was in way over his head and decided to play suck-up.

The Signature website also has links to many other of Meyer's debates/presentations. I'd also recommend anything from Jonathan Wells, David Berlinski and Behe's literature is some of the most in-depth science you'll read.

Either way, if you going to learn of I.D., make sure you learn about it from its proponents and not it's dishonest opponents.

Uncommon Descent - Serving the Intelligent Design Community
    http://telicthoughts.com/
    Evolution News & Views

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Do NOT be deceived! This "strong delusion" that Paul preached about in 2nd The 2 is edging closer and closer...

Seriously, if you want to believe in intelligent design, then you might as well say the book of Genesis as well as the whole bible is a big lie. Do you really want to risk going spending eternity in that Lake of Fire?

When this One World Antichrist Leader comes onto the national stage(it will more likely be Maitreya), he could very well spew forth this propaganda.

2nd The 2

3. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

4. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Tuna, do us all the favor and leave this forum.

Intelligent Design is not only a terrible idea, it's also not even science. It's a joke. The reason scientists don't debate ID is because there IS NO DEBATE. Giving in to creationists and debating them would make it seem like their is something to debate, thus they won't do that. ALL the evidence is out there, it's the creationists who use misinformation and flat out lies to attempt to convince people. The whole reason why they came up with the title "Intelligent Design" is so they could teach it along evolution as "science". It isn't, it's the same thing as creationism, they just changed the name.

I have no doubt that you are extremely uneducated and have never actually studied biology/evolution. You have NO RIGHT speaking with authority about something you know nothing about. Do us all the favor and pick up a damned book.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  5. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Please cut out the personal attacks. You may not agree with his opinions (and I certainly don't) but he is entitled to state them.

6. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It just clogs this message board, the last 6+ topics have been nonsense posted by this guy.

Anywho, evolution isn't an "opinion", it's a scientific fact.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  7. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You're welcome to start your own threads. If they're related to matters about religion in the broadest sense, they're welcome. I take the view that if a thread is a)on topic and b) doesn't contravene board policy, then it stays. Do I agree with a lot of what is written on here? No, I'm a liberal atheist from the UK, so it's fair to say I disagree with quite a bit of stuff but that isn't the point.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +725 / 2 / -9

Yes Evolution Is A Reality and GOD created it.

In the beginning God Created The Heavens And The Earth, in the BEGINNING, trillions upon trillions of years ago.

Who or what created the Big Bang, if it was a Cosmic gas Expolsion who created the Cosmic Gas.

The Beginning didn't "just happen" God Created it, the only thing I can't figure out is who the hell created God...:confused:

Is there something or somebody more powerful than God, if so, who the hell created that......:confused:

ON AND ON IT GOES

9. Rossmci90

Rossmci90 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Firstly, trillions upon trillions? The Universe is no more than 15 billion years old.

Your last comment is a contradiction of what you earlier. Im assuming you don't believe in ID (and you would be right to do so) but then you go on to say that there needs to be a God, hence saying ID is true. Why do we need there to be a God? God serves no purpose to mankind except to control the masses with medieval mythology and ideals that have no place in a modern world with modern education.

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +725 / 2 / -9

I get confused wondering where it all started (how did the very first thing happen?) no human being today can explain it. I used trillions upon trillions to try and imagine "the beginning" 15 billion years ago I wonder what happened, whatever made that happen I wonder what made that happen, then I wonder what made that happen, I keep wondering what made that happen......................:confused:

I have to lie down now.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

If our universe is actually a small component of a multiverse as some string theory interpretations suggest Harry's estimate may be pretty good, the local space time we can see appears to be in that range of 15B years.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +725 / 2 / -9

We keep hearing these things, "the universe this, the universe that" they tell us how old the universe is, they tell us about new discoveries in the universe, they tell us about new stars, new planets, gas explosions, this is what I wish they would try to explain, WHAT OR WHO CREATED THE UNIVERSE...........:confused:

13. Rossmci90

Rossmci90 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's what the LHC is attempting to find out. Its not working yet but they are trying like you want.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +725 / 2 / -9

I don't think they'll find out unless God wants them too.............:)

15. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

"Evolution" is both a theory and a fact. Evolution on a small scale has been observed and confirmed as fact, but the evolution as the developmental method for the planet's species over the last billion years or what not is a theory, however sound.

Just a niggle. A more astute "anti-evolution" person would seize on that strawman.

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +725 / 2 / -9

Evolution is a fact and this is how it started, gather your children around and read this to them.

In the beginning God created "himself" and he said "this is good" then he said "i have to create something big", God then created The Universe then he rested, it was Sunday, Monday morning God decided he wanted to create something that moved & crawled, God then created two Bugs with eyes, ears and mouth, they moved, God said "this is good" God then created two worms, they crawled, God said "this is good" God then threw the bugs and the worms out into The Universe and yelled out "GO THEE UNTO THE PLACE I HAVE CREATED THERE YE SHALL EVOLVE AND MULTIPLY"

It wasn't Adam & Eve, it was two bugs and two worms, they Evolved as God commanded them to do the results of the Evolution are what you see today, God only knows what we will look like in another trillion years..........

Remember,
    God Created The Heavens And The Earth

I HAVE SPOKEN

17. Synovia

Synovia In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Theres more evidence to the theory of evolution than their is to the theory of gravity.

18. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I always did have a problem with that mass=gravitational pull thing.:p

19. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Ok? I'm missing the point of this post.

20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Gravity is defined by a law it is not a theory.

Einstein and Newton say hi.