PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beasts XXX -- Jumbo Package? Wilfork and Knighton??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePatsFan26

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Just as an idea, would a 1st down team of Knighton, Wilfork, and Jones, along with 3 linebackers and 5 dbs be an intriguing lineup/formation? We could use the beef to clog the middle and it could open up more blitzing from the cbs and lbs.

That would give us some damn good flexibility up front. If you can get a 07 Giants front 7 the secondary can be average.

Just as an idea, would a 1st down team of Knighton, Wilfork, and Jones, along with 3 linebackers and 5 dbs be an intriguing lineup/formation? We could use the beef to clog the middle and it could open up more blitzing from the cbs and lbs.
How do you propose New England absorbs both Knighton's and Wilfork's contracts into the fold? Signing one makes the other redundant. It's Wilfork short term of Knighton (who appears to be commanding a high price) for the medium term.

A jumbo package certainly has interest. But it's a situational package, so it's not something that you want to break the bank over. I would see Kenrick Ellis + Sealver Siliga fitting that bill quite well, at a fraction of the cost of Wilfork + Knighton. I'm also probably more interested in more attacking DTs like Easley, Nick Fairley, and Marcus Hardison to compliment the wide bodies.

I just can't see us landing Knighton, unfortunately. He seems to want too much.

But he seems to not be getting these offers as well, he might need to revisit his market.

A jumbo package certainly has interest. But it's a situational package, so it's not something that you want to break the bank over. I would see Kenrick Ellis + Sealver Siliga fitting that bill quite well, at a fraction of the cost of Wilfork + Knighton. I'm also probably more interested in more attacking DTs like Easley, Nick Fairley, and Marcus Hardison to compliment the wide bodies.
If the Patriots are going to switch to a more attacking front, I'm wholeheartedly on board.

Knighton has turned down a couple offers (Broncos, Raiders) that weren't close to what he was looking for. As he grew up a Pats fan in Connecticut allegedly, maybe "what he was looking for" will come down to earth and he'll take a home-town discount to play here.

Well if noone offers "what he is looking for" then by default the offer will come down.

If the Patriots are going to switch to a more attacking front, I'm wholeheartedly on board.

I doubt that there is a way around being more attacking with out front 7 now. Unless Butler, Dennard and Ryan made a big jump over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back