PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XL: Pats trying to trade for Philadelphia Eagles G Evan Mathis

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you manage it quite well...I don't get the impression, however, that it's intentional. ;)

I will append, though, in case the lazy response of another to your post gives others the wrong impression of my own: I had no idea of what your first language is, nor do I care, though I applaud your efforts to master a second one: It was the sloppy and frothing nature of your previous posts, containing multiple blurts of Gibberish and spectacular Factual Failures, combined with a bit of Arrogance, that elicited my response.

I don't often call folks out on such things, but I don't believe you were having your best day.

I do look forward to reading what you post in the Future, though. Peace.

I did not know i had a regular reader about my comments. I appreciate.

You do not like my supposed arrogance. It is your prerogative. The forum give you the tools for you to ignore me, you disagree with my comment, you ignore the topic. Among many others.

I also do not like your pedantic ~ or "composed" ~ language perhaps to compensate for something in your life. But unlike you I just read your comments and followed answering what interested me, or something I think constructive to the forum.

If for spetacular factual failures you refer to the remuneration of Iupati. You're right, I was wrong. I can not?

I will not argue with you because the topic is about Mathis. I expressed my opinion as everyone here ~ and I think I have that right ~ and do not think that Dennard is irreplaceable, far from it. I find extremely plausible an exchange of a promising player but that is not helping here, by a guard who has experience and despite his age has a lot of talent.

We need experience as we only have 4 players over 30 years.We have to gave something back. If you have a better idea, please opine, I think a forum is for discussion of ideas and not personal attacks. If this is to be arrogant, okay, I did not ask your opinion of me, let alone care about.

Respect is key. I know disagree with opinions without trying to be derogatory. Perhaps you feel comfortable doing so, and if it helps you good for you.

It is your third post you quote me which is full of sarcasm or personal attacks ~I dont know why. I never liked, disliked, agreed or disagreed, quoted you.. Nothing.

I think our discussion will add anything positive to the forum. I'm ignoring you and if you need to release your frustrations answer knowing that will not read.

Enjoy your day. Peace.

I am so sick of reading and hearing the term "Beast", I'm gonna puke the next time someone posts it!

Hey, the guy's a BEAST! :mad:

I am so sick of reading and hearing the term "Beast", I'm gonna puke the next time someone posts it!

And it will sound...very...homosexual..not that that's a bad thing (seinfeld) :D

CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher reports the Eagles may release LG Evan Mathis if they can't trade him.

CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher reports the Eagles may release LG Evan Mathis if they can't trade him.
Ooooh now that would be interesting, if the
Pats could get him without giving up compensation.

he's too valuable a player for a bargain price. his services will be in heavy demand.

You're a beast ... a hairy beast ... now get in your cage.

he's too valuable a player for a bargain price. his services will be in heavy demand.
I know, I'm saying I would almost rather pay him more than he's currently making if it meant not having to give up a high end pick.

This guy would be worth it. It would completely transform our o-line. A Solder-Mathis-Stork-Wendell-Volmer line with Fleming as the 6th man would be dominant. Brady would be able to step into pocket not seen since 2007 and anyone could run through those tackles.

Would they then be able to .......

"Sign the beast!"?

Well, if the report is accurate, I can see why this guy's still not been traded:

They could also be irked by Mathis’ repeated attempts to have his contract reworked. Mathis carries cap hits of $6.5 million in 2015 and $7 million in 2016 as part of the five-year, $26.7 million extension he signed March 19, 2013, after choosing to rejoin the Eagles instead of bolting for the Ravens’ offer.

Only $2 million of Mathis’ remaining contract is guaranteed from his signing bonus -- $1 million apiece this season and next -- so the Eagles would save $11.5 million over the next two seasons if they cut him and absorb only a $2 million dead-money hit.

Mathis’ camp has approached the Eagles twice in the past two offseasons to discuss a restructure that would pad Mathis’ salary.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...ld-release-evan-mathis-if-they-cant-trade-him

Not too sure how transformed a line with Wendell still part of it would be. I would like to draft a young OG and have Wendell as a backup or even better get Connolly back.

Not too sure how transformed a line with Wendell still part of it would be. I would like to draft a young OG and have Wendell as a backup or even better get Connolly back.

Why the Wendell hate? He played damn good last year.

It's not hate, it's more of a realistic view of an average OG. And great should be used to describe something great. He did however play well, or well enough for an JAG!
As Brady gets into his final years he needs better than average. He really will need great.

Why the Wendell hate? He played damn good last year.
Finished 9th on the entire team in total snaps. You don't get that kind of playing time on a SB champion unless your performing at your job. Had more snaps than Connolly, plus he backs up under Center. BB seems to trust him. Good enough for me.

OK...it's all about balance.

If you're gonna blather on about "sign the beast!", then when he doesn't work out I want you to post the corresponding "cut the yeast!"...yin/yang. Bring the board into equilibrium ,so to speak.

Or screw it....just sit there and get all pizzed off. Works for me...:mad:

It's not hate, it's more of a realistic view of an average OG. And great should be used to describe something great. He did however play well, or well enough for an JAG!
As Brady gets into his final years he needs better than average. He really will need great.

A "great" line isn't needed for Brady to succeed. Your suggestion of "realism" is that we cannot have a great line without ALL of the lineman being great. Belichick doesn't take that view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes