PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XL: Pats trying to trade for Philadelphia Eagles G Evan Mathis

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@jeffphowe: The Patriots have expressed interest in acquiring guard Evan Mathis from the Eagles in a trade, according to a source.

Wow!

Depending on what they have to give up, it might be a great pick up for the Pats.

Don't know much about him, anyone got a good scoop on him?

Mathis - one of the best guards in the business.

Evan Mathis has been a rockin guard in his career, if he's healthy it'd be a big get.

Last edited:
Don't know much about him, anyone got a good scoop on him?
Turns 34 in November and missed 7 games last season, but still a very good left guard. Cap hit would be $5.5M if nothing changes, but he has expressed displeasure with his contract in the past. Dolphins, Bills, Vikings, and Saints also supposedly interested.

He is very good. Do it!

Anyone worry about his age? I know he is coming off a pro bowl year. What round pick would they give up for him?

Didn't realize he was that old.

I am worried about his age. Good player but 34 years old. Seems like a rental like Revis and Browner. Pats have a history of picking Guards in the draft. Stork was a late pick now a starter for years to come. Never say no to Pro Bowl guards but at that age? Not against the move just feel we can address that in the draft and a draft pick we have for multiple years whereas this guys is a one year rental if that.. I'd rather go get a Fairley and Goldson on D in FA.

Hopefully we can give up a 7th we acquired from the Bucs or something.

Fellow pats fans,

Mathis is a top 3 guard, better than Mankins was in his hayday. If this happens, could be huge.

Even if he only plays one season for us if he could bring a Brian Waters type OL solidification it would be monsterous. Bring back Connolly and have him compete with Wendell for the other Guard spot + draft relatively high.

While VG, he doesn't have much time left. I guess he'd be fine as a 1/2 year rental type.

I'm ok if Gug has given his approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye