PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the beast # 2586168165734 (LXVIII - WR James Jones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritPat

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Sign the beast # 2586168165734

PFT is reporting that the Raiders are going to release James Jones today.

Was always a fan of his when he was with the Packers.

He's just turned 31 granted so it wouldn't be a long term thing, but he's still an outstanding route runner and displays excellent short area quickness. He'd challenge Amendola, Gibson, Dobson for that third receiver spot.

What say you?

He's just turned 31 granted so it wouldn't be a long term thing, but he's still an outstanding route runner and displays excellent short area quickness. He'd challenge Amendola, Gibson, Dobson for that third receiver spot.

What say you?
I feel like it's unlikely since he is a bit older and he wasn't too productive in Oakland. But, it's possible.

What say you?
I'm reporting you. I specifically told you not to give out my phone #.:D

Definitely worth bringing in for Training Camp and seeing if he can make the roster.

He was scheduled to make salaries of $2.95m in 2015 and 2016, with $150k workout bonuses each year.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/james-jones/

Worth offering him a 1 year, $2m deal?

He had trouble getting separation last year and, at this point of his career, i don't know if he's better than Amendola.

I'd take him for a vet minimum, but i wouldn't bet on him being able to crack a spot in the 53. I think he'll get more money and more playing time somewhere else

Can he "stretch the field" or "take the top off of the defense"???....

IMO we are fine with our current group of WR's/TE's... no need to waste cap money here...

He looked shot last season. The Patriots haven't been above bringing in shot receivers to compete, but few have worked out. If we were going to do that, I'd rather sign Reggie Wayne.

There's a few veteran guys still out there like Wayne, Lance Briggs, and Ahmad Bradshaw who could get a shot in camp with the Patriots.

Little interest here...he's okay, but I prefer Amendola.

Camp competition, sure, but I wouldn't expect him above #5 because Dobson is going to do well this year.

Probably not if he can't contribute on special teams but I'd love a reliable 4th wide out.

Looking forward to post-May 12th, it'll be interesting from a roster movement viewpoint... I'm sure BB will sign a couple of guys and thus will have to release some

I'd rather see what udfa Chris Harper can do.

I'd rather see what udfa Chris Harper can do.
I actually think Harper has a shot, considering the depth at WR on the team. If he works his tail off he could make it like Kenbrell Thompkins did a couple years ago. Edelman, LaFell, Amendola, Dobson, Gibson, Harper could be a good depth chart if he succeeds... Wonder if he does ST at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back