Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sign a Petition to ask for the release from imprisonment of an innocent woman

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Dear All,

We have our vigorous give and take on this list, making our debate into a virtual contact sport, but there is one thing that should touch everybody's heart: the imprisonment of a young woman whose "crime" was to teach what has been written in the Old Testament Bible for some 4000 years.

Please read the short letter to the president of Kazakhstan, asking for the release of this young Russian woman who was recently given a two-year sentence. Find it here:

Free Lisa! Letter to the President of Republic Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbaev

Thanking you in advance,

Fogbuster

//
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

A member of a church that has been successfully sued for scamming Japanese widows and that by its leaders own statements is perversely homophobic and sexist, is accused of the "promotion of the inferiority of citizens on the basis of their relationship to the tribal and social class." In return this same church says she is innocent, providing this evidence: "The accusations are completely false and unfounded." Based on that we're so supposed to sign a petition? While I certainly believe in freedom of speech, I would no more go out and defend the rights of a bigoted and corrupt church then I would the rights of those who champion Nazi-ism. I respect their rights, but there are more noble causes for me to embrace. Perhaps, Fog, you should contact one of the liberal groups that have been known to represent oppressed minorities, even bigots, such as the ACLU or Amnesty International.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Don't worry, Patters, there are attorneys from the U.S., Russia, and Kazakhstan who are already at work on this. There will be a new hearing of her case next Tuesday, March 10.

I would caution your use of the term, "Nazi-ism" when speaking of religions, as it does seem to conflict with both the spirit and letter of the guidelines of this list, not to mention common decency toward a fellow poster on the list.

The facts of this case are that this young lady currently being held in prison was found "guilty" of teaching the core foundation of both the Jewish and Christian scriptures, namely, the Genesis account of the Fall of Adam and Eve. All Jewish and Christian teaching starts with this premise of the Fall of the first human ancestors. All Judeo-Christian culture has been built upon this foundational belief, a culture which provides us with the freedoms we enjoy: democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of faith, etc.

This young woman has been imprisoned and given a 2-year sentence for teaching what all of Judeo-Christianity teaches, and thus is suffering for all who live under the blessings of that culture. Anybody with a shred of concern about a fellow human being must feel sympathy for this abuse of human rights and religious freedom.

//
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

I'm not comparing your church in any way to Nazi-ism, merely pointing out that I have zero interest in this particular cause. While I believe in the rights of religious bigots, racists, and even Nazi's to speak, I would not invest my time, energy, or money to defend that right. I apologize if you thought I was comparing your church to Nazi-ism; that was not my intent.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This young woman has not been charged with any other than what is on the web site: "promotion of the inferiority of citizens on the basis of their relationship to the tribal and social class". The basis for this charge is the teaching this lady is giving: that is in direct relationship with the teaching of the Bible, book of Genesis, which says that Adam and Eve fell under the domination of "the serpent" (the devil, Satan), which is merely the core foundational teaching of Judaism and Christianity.

Freedom of faith, speech, and thought: either it exists or it does not.

//
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

:agree: :ditto: :yeahthat: :rocker:
  7. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

So fraud you come here after insulting members, calling for their execution etc.etc.etc.on a I wrote etc. because what you do on a daily bases would excead the forums limit on leangth. You come here asking us to sign a petition for a group of of scam artists that have been caught, who work for maybe the biggest con artist of our time.... When BO's grandmother died you posted "So what, i didn't know her" on the condolence page. Well as far as these little moonie scam artist whores go. SO WHAT, I DON'T KNOW THEM.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

This reminds me of Free Mamula or Free Leonard Peletier, sounds real good until you do some investigation of the actions of the detainee.. there is usually more to the picture than meets the eye.. aside from the Moonie Front Group FFWPA there does not seem to be a lot of interest in this issue, only one Washington Times article.. maybe the rest of the Moonies are as rude and disrepectful as our resident Moonie is... thus not a lot of support.

Our sister Elizaveta Drenicheva has been sentenced to two years in prison for practicing her faith - alt.religion.unification | Google Groups

FFWPU Urges Release of Elizaveta Drenicheva, Prisoner of Conscience | Reuters

Who is Michael Jenkins???, he is the Prez of the Uni's in America, find it interesting that he comes across a the Prez of FFPA and not the Uni Church..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jenkins_(Unification_Church)
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You have no idea what you're talking about. The Adam and Eve myth is the "core foundation" of Christianity? Since when? The core of Christianity is the Golden Rule, not a silly children's story designed for illiterate and superstitious desert dwellers.

Kazakhstan might have it right. Maybe we need a law that prevents the teaching of bullsh!t like the "Adam and Eve Story" as if it were true and sent down from the invisible man.

...Just joking, as of course, freedom of speech is the most important of the Bill of Rights. But I don't give a rat's azz about this broad. Good luck with your efforts. My guess is that no matter how many people you get to sign, The Kazakh authorities - and I do mean authorities (I thought you automatically deferred to authority as a rule of your cult?)- won't give a rats azz either. Try helping someone who has a chance in hell.
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Wow, how society has failed this woman. If more money had just been spent on eliminating the environment that made her turn to out this way. It's cruel of you Patters to refuse to sign the petition to help this woman out of jail. Boy it's just like you Regan types to want punishment and prosecution. Perhaps a new tax could fund a program that would rehabilitate this lady.:rolleyes:
  11. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Fog I think your presance is needed there. you could hold vigiles outside the court house or the prison. I'm sure that this also would bring a sense of peace and confidence to this way ward child of Moon,knowing that the cult hasn't abanded her.
    SO GO,GO NOW to help this young soldier of the cause. And look at it this way if you go and something God forbid happen to you you'll be a martyr. I'm sure Father Moon will plant a Bush in your honor or something to that effect.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So the usual suspects, the four blind mice, have all chimed in with their predictable lack of sympathy for a truly innocent person suffering in prison.

Well, thank God there are now more than one thousand who have a heart and who have signed the petition, in just a couple of days. I'll be going to the Kazakh embassy myself with the signed petition to personally give it to the Ambassador himself.

[size=+5] FREE LIZA!![/size]

//
  13. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

She lost her innocence when she became a MOONIE
  14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Like i said before go there help her out. She's one of your s or are you afraid? Your faith not strong enough, Father Moon declared he was the Christ returned last year. If thats so you have nothing to fear he will protect you.( Oh silly me i forgot hes probably counting money in a palacial mansion somewhere where its nice and warm, and doesn't know you or Liza exist.) Or are you a fraud with little faith like everyone thinks?
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Why is the only information on this from Wash Times or FFWPU?? If you google it that is all that comes up..

Why does the Michael Jenkins list himself as head of FFWPU instead of the Unification Church US??

Too many questions and not enough answers, the only Uni person I know is pushy, obnoxious and quite rude.. maybe that is the way Liza acted..

Good luck, mind your manners.. if you don't those Russian Prisons tend to be a bit harsh..
  16. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,192 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

February 9, 2009.

Patsfans.com Political Forum.

Fogbuster: "You're such a freaking liar you ought to be hanged in public. Some day it may happen."
    __________________________________________________________-

I thought it was PATRIOTISM that was said to be the 'Last Refuge to Which a Scoundrel Clings'. But, I see, in this case it is FREEDOM of SPEECH.

Compared to what you call for in your writings here, the Kazakhstan Government is going very easy on your friend by merely imprisoning her.

Evidently, you now are a Champion of Freedom of Speech. You are a fraud and a hypocrit.
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Making friends and influencing people, eh Fog?

It must be frustrating to learn that you're so loathed here, even your "earnest" and "sincere" efforts at humanity are met with the exact opposite desired affect. If it were anyone else on this forum but you, we'd probably sign.
  18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Yes only prison they could have given her to Borats brother
  19. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

"when the Missionaries arrived, the Africans had the Land and the Missionaries had the Bible. They taught how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the land and we had the Bible"
    - Jomo Kenyatta

The third world countries are finally waking up, it seems.

You want to help them?
    Go and build a bridge or two, a factory, a school maybe.
    Teach them algebra, geography, how to build a house.
    Another intolerant, hateful, divisive dogma is the last thing they need.

These phony fronts should be exposed and shown the door by more countries.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

WOW! Really? You're sooo important! I had no idea what a Big Shot you were!

Why don't you get on a plane and go to Astana yourself and organize a protest? Don't worry. Nothing bad will happen or anything....Nazurbayev will be more than happy to listen to your Fogic, but whatever you do...don't mention Father Moon.

Oh, and about your "supporters" on this board...who were they, again?