Sigh. Kraft still backing Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Looks like Kraft is all-in on whatever scheme is being hatched to scapegoat someone and leave Roger untouched. From Chris Price's story today:

Christopher Price said:
However, Kraft did offer a clarification of his statement during Super Bowl week. In a strongly worded press conference, he appeared to take some shots at the league and commissioner Roger Goodell over the probe.

“I want to clarify,” Kraft said. “First of all, when I spoke a week before the Super Bowl, I was speaking to the league office. (Goodell) is in charge. I think he has a pretty tough job. As a matter of fact, some of my friends say there’s two jobs they don’t want: President of the United States and commissioner of the NFL. He has a very hard job. I think he does a very fine job at what he does. It’s tough, but he needs to make sure all the people working in the system are also doing it.”

Boooooo, Mr. Kraft. Boooooo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kraft's a company man till the end and his first concern is the bottom line. Like it or not the NFL has grown in monetary leaps and bounds since Herr goddell took charge - in spite of him or because of him. Kraft will always do what's good for his own wallet....and right now backing jackoff roger is good for business....

It's the return of ol'get along Bob. I guess the Jets alumni club doesn't have to fear the wrath of Kraft anymore. We shall see if the Pats receive anything other than a screwing for his capitulation.

Looks like Kraft is all-in on whatever scheme is being hatched to scapegoat someone and leave Roger untouched. From Chris Price's story today:

Boooooo, Mr. Kraft. Boooooo!
Kraft is presenting a united front to the public. I doubt that's what he privately believes, especially when looking at the wording of his statement.

It's a tough job rings a bit hollow. Yes, there are demands on your time and you need to answer unpleasant questions. Yes, there is a great deal of money on the line and you have a certain level of responsibility.

But come on. Millions and millions of humans have jobs that are just as difficult, if not much more difficult. There are many tough jobs out there. Jobs in which you risk your life, your health... He accepted the part and accepts the $ to do the job. Suck it up.

Isn't it possible that Kensil, and possibly Grigson will be taking the fall, and with the Pats being vindicated and compensated for Deflategate?

That still allows Goodell to remain Omissioner.

I would think this shouldn't have any bearing on Tampergate either, unless, Bob takes another one for the league, and then that changes everything.

If this is back me on this Bob and you will reap rewards in tampergate ... I'm fine with it.
I applaud your thought but don't hold your breath that this will happen. Goodell has never punished the Jets for anything since taking over.

Let's do what we wanted Goodell to do, which is wait for the results and Goodell's decision(s) before skewering him for DeflateGate just yet. Yes, it certainly does appear he was guilty of letting his dogs off their leash to run wild over the Patriots' reputation while certainly not helping the situation with a lack of public denials and a complete lack of damage control over an issue that he let spiral out of control.

However, let's see if will redeem himself with a fair resolution to DeflateGate, which would include, if there is no smoking gun, a statement that the Patriots are completely exonerated and also harsh words for those involved in the fiasco. If the situation occurred the way we think it did, obviously he needs to fire Kensil, which would be the biggest exoneration the Patriots could receive.

This quote tells us little, because it's consistent with either of two scenarios.

1. Kraft is taking the attitude that BB often takes. People should be accountable for screwing up, and the guy at the top should be accountable for screwups under him. However, these jobs are HARD, and the number of screwups cannot reasonably be expected to be zero.

2. Kraft is rolling over and allowing the Pats to get screwed again.

I hope for #1 of course, and that's the way I lean to think it's going based on Kraft's apology-demanding statement in January. But it could still go either way.

If the situation occurred the way we think it did, obviously he needs to fire Kensil, which would be the biggest exoneration the Patriots could receive.
If that includes having Kensil pilloried outside of Foxboro on opening day next season with the opportunity for fans to throw rotten vegetables at him, I'll accept that.

If that includes having Kensil pilloried outside of Foxboro on opening day next season with the opportunity for fans to throw rotten vegetables at him, I'll accept that.

Much more than that needs to be done to Kensil. The league needs to make it clearly known that not only are the Pats completely innocent in DeflateGate, it also needs to make it quite clear that Kensil attempted a sting out of long-standing bias and had an anti-Pats agenda that is unacceptable in a league where all teams are to be treated fairly.

Ideally it will also involve a re-opening of any disciplinary action that was levied against the Pats where Kensil had any role whatsoever in the issue, such as , quite likely, CameraPlacementGate.

The league should also point out that regarding the issue that is supposed to have started Kensil on his anti-Pats vendetta, the attempted hiring of BB as HC, that the Pats acted above board in their attempts to talk to BB about their HC position and that the Rats resorted to shady practices in their attempt to prevent that.

They should especially emphasize that all of the bad blood between the two franchises stem from the Rats tampering with Bill Parcells, particularly odious as as the Pats were getting ready to play in a Superbowl at a time in which they had never won a Superbowl and been trounced the only other time they appeared in one.

So many people point to the Pats getting BB as HC after BB resigned after only one day as the Rat HC, as the genesis to the Pats-Rats bad blood. Too much is made of the humiliation that this caused the Rats, and not nearly enough is made of the fact that the only reason the Rats had BB on their coaching staff is because, as BP's longtime DC, BB followed him to the Rats when they stole BP.

It takes a lot of gall for a thief to complain when his undeserved booty is returned to the rightful owner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back