PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sick of the Wildcat Lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GullyFoyle

Banned
Reaction score
You know the one, everyone saying how the wildcat destroyed us, even that ignorant Denis Leary commercial. Yes the first time we saw it we lost, but that was not the last time we saw it and we beat them. But none of the ignorant talking heads recall we had the last laugh.

You know the one, everyone saying how the wildcat destroyed us, even that ignorant Denis Leary commercial. Yes the first time we saw it we lost, but that was not the last time we saw it and we beat them. But none of the ignorant talking heads recall we had the last laugh.

Yet another gimmick offense that has proven time and time again it doesn't work at the pro level, unless a team is completely caught by surprise. Reminds me of the "hybrid" quarterback that everyone wanted in late 90s, with a QB who could rush for 1000 yards and throw for 30 TDs.

Who cares? Yeah, they won the second time around, but is there any doubt that the Wildcat kicked the Pats arses in week 3? Absolutely not.

Well, it's only 1/2 a lie. You've got to admit (I think) that it destroyed us the first time around, and that's what everyone remembers. The Pats looked like fools that game; it was embarrasing how they had absolutely no answer for it. However, those tapes will be the first BB puts on when facing any team that can run the wild cat, so I don't think we'll have that problem again, and I don't really care if other teams think we will. In fact, as long as we've got an answer for it, I hope other teams try it on us.

Hijack alert:

Gully -- why the altered quote from "The Stars My Destination"?

(I'll confess to not remembering whether it was ever used in the form you have.)

Last edited:
You know the one, everyone saying how the wildcat destroyed us, even that ignorant Denis Leary commercial.

Does this void his Mass connection? :p

Last edited:
I would like to know how it is a "LIE"?? The Wildcat offense in the first game, DID trounce the Pats. I believe it was the 2nd worst beating that the Pats have had during BB's tenure. The worst was the 31-0 shallacking at the hands of the Bills in 2004.

And the Denis Leary commercial is referencing that game. Not the second one.

The Pats haven't faced the Wildcat this year, and Miami could have some new twists. It remains to be seen how the Pats will read and react to it.

ITs funny how someone calls the truth a lie..

I agree. Had we handled the wildcat, we would have been in the playoffs.

I would like to know how it is a "LIE"?? The Wildcat offense in the first game, DID trounce the Pats. I believe it was the 2nd worst beating that the Pats have had during BB's tenure. The worst was the 31-0 shallacking at the hands of the Bills in 2004.

And the Denis Leary commercial is referencing that game. Not the second one.

The Pats haven't faced the Wildcat this year, and Miami could have some new twists. It remains to be seen how the Pats will read and react to it.

ITs funny how someone calls the truth a lie..

The Pats like any team toss up a stinker of a game each year, and it usually comes against Miami. Their offensive line was a turnstile the entire game, Cassell wasn't ready for that kind of pressure and the defense couldn't stop Miami even before they started running that damn wildcat.

New England was totally unprepared for that Miami team that week. They would've lost that game without the wildcat plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes