PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sick of Jerome Bettis already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
every where you turn, its Bettis, Bettis, Bettis, and some people want Jerome to get a ring.. Why??? I cant understand it... Let Bettis have another Burgher and let seattle run wild over them.... I wont be able to watch the nfl network till after the super bowl..

Well, it's better than everyone fawning over Plummer.

As long as we're not playing the Steelers, I like Bettis just fine. I always like seeing an old vet finally get his ring.

Not a fan of the steelers even tho' I found myself rooting for them yesterday and they played a complete game, with a well deserved win. I do think it would be interesting to hear of older vets, perhaps playing in their last game, on the Hawks team.

how could you not root for The Bus? 13 years vet with no ring, and will be making his first SB appearance in what could be his last season playing in the NFL. The script couldn't have been better. I mean, this has to be special if it almost caused somebody his life :D

i agree. i am allready now sick about him and Ward too...
talk to much..

go hawks !

I could care less about Jerome Bettis .

Don't confuse the media frenzy with the player.

Remember the Tedy Bru thing they started. I think Tedy and his wife were embarrassed by it. I know that I was for them.

The media with do what they do , hype, hype, hype. Once they grab onto a "story" they will never let go, until the next one that they find more interesting comes along.

edgecy said:
how could you not root for The Bus? 13 years vet with no ring, and will be making his first SB appearance in what could be his last season playing in the NFL. The script couldn't have been better. I mean, this has to be special if it almost caused somebody his life :D

I only rooted for the Steelers to beat the Colts, and Denver. Now, life is back to normal - i.e. I don't feel any particular desire to root for them, since I don't dislike Seattle as I do Denver and the Colts...

Gnome sayin'? :D

edgecy said:

I agree! I have had asthma for 29 years now and he is an inspiration and a great guy. How can you not root for a good person? I know there are a lot of cheap shot artists on that team, but JB is not one of them!

I guess I am not up on my history, but where was Bettis when the Steelers went to the SB against Dallas?? Was he still with the Rams?

edgecy said:

I'm just curious. The bus is a 13 year veteran and has never been to a superbowl. But, I thought he has spent his whole career with the steelers. Didn't the Steelers go to the Superbowl 10 years ago? I guess he probably played with another team. For some reason, the Rams are coming to mind. Am I right?

FSUPatsFan said:
I'm just curious. The bus is a 13 year veteran and has never been to a superbowl. But, I thought he has spent his whole career with the steelers. Didn't the Steelers go to the Superbowl 10 years ago? I guess he probably played with another team. For some reason, the Rams are coming to mind. Am I right?

Correct. He was with the Rams from 93-95.

2.gif
SFRAMjbe001b.jpg

Last edited:
This will be his last game. Who cares. Let him have his spotlight. It will be all over in 2 weeks.

Michael said:
This will be his last game. Who cares. Let him have his spotlight. It will be all over in 2 weeks.

I find it difficult to dislike Jerome. He seems like a nice guy and at least he doesn't grab attention through ridiculous TO-like antics. He seems to be hard worker and a nice man. The media is going to overhype all of this the way they overhype anything, so my decision to avoid all the coverage will have little to do with Jerome and much more to do with how utterly annoying the press is.

I don't like Bettis for one main reason: He's a braggart. I hate how after a 15+ yard run he always hops up and does his 'Angry Fat Gorilla Dance' to show the world how awesome the run was. He's overconfident to the point that it's completely annoying. Cheeseburger and Porter have also displayed traits like that though, along with many other Steeler players, so I don't mean to single Bettis out. I just think he's a ringleader of that crap.

Brownfan80 said:
I don't like Bettis for one main reason: He's a braggart. I hate how after a 15+ yard run he always hops up and does his 'Angry Fat Gorilla Dance' to show the world how awesome the run was. He's overconfident to the point that it's completely annoying. Cheeseburger and Porter have also displayed traits like that though, along with many other Steeler players, so I don't mean to single Bettis out. I just think he's a ringleader of that crap.

So, are you working with Deion Branch on his little celebrations when he does something good?

Bettis has always been overrated, he always comes up short against the Pats (the fumble against the Colts was not his first big fumble on the goal line in a playoff game, to tell you the truth I was not shocked when it happened, surprised yes, shocked no). Hey, I don't dislike him, the media fawns over him because he is always available to talk, and typically comes off very well in interviews. So of course the media is going to focus on him. I can't blame him for handling the media well and getting everyone on his side. But seriously, he is by far not the most important person on the Steelers, so I will not root for or against the Steelers just because of him. I have always liked the AFC more, so I can't bring myself to root for an NFC team (though had the Colts or Broncos won, I would have, and if there is a NFC team worth rooting for its the Seahawks). The Steelers are far less objectionable then many other teams, regardless of what you think of their fans, or some of their more arrogant players (like Ward and Porter, who I loath). On the whole, they play hard every game, almost as hard as the Pats, and you have to respect that. Also, I still remember the look on Rothlisberger's face after he was drafted 12th two years ago. That was a man fully determined to prove everyone wrong, and I am very happy that he has so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back