Welcome to PatsFans.com

SI ranks NFL Owners - Kraft #1

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by T-ShirtDynasty, Jul 2, 2007.

1. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Silver starts out with what seems like it's going to be another Meion hatchet-job, but ends up ranking New England's ownership Number 1.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/06/27/ownerrankings/index.html

2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Not even one mention of macaroni and cheese, what a throwaway column. :(
  3. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

How does Huizenga get #8? He has practcally run that franchise into the ground.
  4. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think that tells all that we need to know.
  5. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

Maybe Delaware North should re-examine their options and sell the Bruins to the Kraft family.
  6. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

My beef with the column is how they look at the Branch situation - seem to blame Kraft for that (hey - he's the #1 owner because he doesn't get in the way of his coach and GM folks!!!) and fail to illustrate the alternative.

I too believe that the lack of a deep WR threat and better WR options last year cost us the SB ring - but I'm also smart enough to know that the alternative wasn't necessarilly any better.

If we DIDN'T trade Branch and allowed him to hold out til game 10 and be a major divisive distraction, how many more or less games do we win?

Impossible to say, but winning less games is was a definate possibility.

So BB (and I suppose Kraft, though again, he lets BB make football decisions) made a judgement call to trade Branch for some value. Tough to argue with that decision knowing that he doesn't have the benefit of hindsight when making those decisions.

Fault BB for not being prepared for that possibility by having more quality WRs signed if you want but there's no need to blame Kraft
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  7. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The same way Dan Snyder gets #5?
  8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

They got it right with #32, Mike Brown of the Bengals.....

>>>what Brown did in front of more than 50 of his peers at last March's owners' meetings. In the midst of a complaint about the current stadium-building plan that is part of the league's revenue-sharing arrangement, Brown was reminded by a fellow owner that he had taken advantage of the same plan (and a provision that allowed him to waive the club-seat premiums that normally go to visiting teams) upon opening Paul Brown Stadium several years earlier. According to a witness, Brown replied, "Look, it seemed like a good thing in the beginning. A lot of people think a lot of things are good in the beginning. A lot of people thought Hitler was good in the beginning.">>>>>

Is there something in the water in Cincy or is it a case of the players taking a cue from management wrt how to act or think???
  9. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

3 Cheers for Bob Kraft....He is in my opinion the best owner in all of sports....and Thank You for that Mr. Kraft.