PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI: Pats #2 NFL Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really-I think you guys will be fine.

If you ask me, Moss would be a BIGGER loss than Brady.

Pt being that it seems like with the better teams in the league, there's been many times where they've lost their QB, and they didn't miss a beat. It's when they lose their WR/RB...that's where they get into trouble.

It was alot during the Aikman years here in Dallas. When Troy would go down, we wouldn't lose a beat as our capable vets who knew the system came in. However-it was when Emmitt/Irvin went down where the impact would be BIG. Why? B/c without Emmitt, the run game was shot. Without Irvin, whoever was QB, there was no safety valve.

Pt being that the BIG weapons are your RBs and WRs. They can make capable QBs look better than they are. Look at Tony Romo in Dallas. A very good QB, yes. But when you have TWO safety valves in TO and Witten, it's only going to make your job that much easier.

Figures that the crazy old man is the only one that would get it right. Don't know what to make of this.

Figures that the crazy old man is the only one that would get it right. Don't know what to make of this.

It's a trap I tell you.

Little confused, some experts have us dead in the water and others have us still doing great, I’m gonna go with the latter

I have never agreed with this old fart......but there is always a first time for everything....

Nice to see but it's about as meaningless as a #17 ranking. There should be some sort of accuracy test for these things so that the poor unsuspecting readers understand that they're less reliable than astrological forecasts.

Really-I think you guys will be fine.

If you ask me, Moss would be a BIGGER loss than Brady.

Pt being that it seems like with the better teams in the league, there's been many times where they've lost their QB, and they didn't miss a beat. It's when they lose their WR/RB...that's where they get into trouble.

It was alot during the Aikman years here in Dallas. When Troy would go down, we wouldn't lose a beat as our capable vets who knew the system came in. However-it was when Emmitt/Irvin went down where the impact would be BIG. Why? B/c without Emmitt, the run game was shot. Without Irvin, whoever was QB, there was no safety valve.

Pt being that the BIG weapons are your RBs and WRs. They can make capable QBs look better than they are. Look at Tony Romo in Dallas. A very good QB, yes. But when you have TWO safety valves in TO and Witten, it's only going to make your job that much easier.

Interesting thought! One thing that ran through my mind on Sunday was Rodney's injury and how devastating it was at that time (he was full tilt back then), and how impossible it was to replace him.I'm not comparing that to Brady or even Moss as you suggest, but yes, you could definitely argue that losing Moss would be ... nasty. I remember when we lost Corey Dillon-or at least the 04 Dillon anyway-it took us a couple of years to find someone like him, and his decline/injuries hurt us badly. Good post Tuna :)

colts ranked 16th ???????? :confused: :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes