PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI Don Banks: "Jets would be better off with UFLs Jeff Garcia"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Hard Knocks gave us far more insight into Sanchez's mental make up than we can get watching him on the field. He looks like a unconfident frat boy. The fact that the Jets had editorial control of what came out and they showed him so unsure of himself and unable to take criticism like a man makes me I wonder what the bad stuff that the Jets had left on the cutting room floor looked like.

As for Sanchez being a quality QB at every level, he hasn't been a quality QB where it matters most for him - at the NFL level. Playing a great game against Cincy in the playoffs, a so-so game against the Colts in the AFC Championship game, and a mediocre game vs. the Ravens doesn't make him a quality QB. He only played 16 games in college. So you want to talk about sample sizes, that isn't a great sample size either.

Uhh, yeah. . . that was my whole point. Geezus, don't strain so far to knit an argument. He's a young quarterback. 2009 was a decent start. Not great, but not horrible either. If 2009 is the high water mark, we'd never know it one game into the 2010 season.

Uhh, yeah. . . that was my whole point. Geezus, don't strain so far to knit an argument. He's a young quarterback. 2009 was a decent start. Not great, but not horrible either. If 2009 is the high water mark, we'd never know it one game into the 2010 season.

The only starting QB who was worse than Sanchez in 2009 was JaMarcus Russell. That's a horrible start for a top 5 pick. Don't kid yourself.

Your standards are pretty low. I thought other than a handful of games last year, Sanchez was horrible. You can point to about 4-5 games where he almost single handily lost the game for the Jets. I would say Sanchez was easily one of the top 5 worst starting QBs (who didn't start because the real starter was injured) in the league last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey