PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI.com: Skins/Pats Gameplan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though this guy doesn't know what he is talking about, it brings up a good question - how should we approach this game? It seems we are going to have to go with a running attack at first to bring their secondary up towards the line. You don't think they are going to come out in the spread offense again, do you? It seems this is a game LoMo really has to step it up. I am hoping the light use last week was to save him in a blowout and not because he is not 100%. A couple of well-placed Kevin Faulk screens and draw plays would be good too. Also, we need to slow it down so our D doesn't get gassed by the 4th quarter.

What say you?

From all I've heard/read - including from LoMar AND Belichick this week - they just wanted him to knock the rust of last week, and the game-plan called for a LOT of passing, which meant Faulk was more prominent. I think they'll run #39 quite a lot this weekend.

BTW, that error about Watson is UNREAL and completely inexcusable. How do you get that wrong? The guy's one of the most effective TE's in the league, has had a big season thus far - how do you not know he's injured?

Pull out the blanket. The Redskins' fifth-ranked defense has throttled several high-powered passing offenses by blanketing receivers with their two-deep scheme. Against the Patriots' spread sets, the Skins will add another wrinkle to their two-deep scheme by dropping an interior lineman into coverage. The wrinkle will allow Washington to keep the double team on Randy Moss outside, while adding another underneath defender to limit Wes Welker's effectiveness on short crossers.
BB -- :rofl:
Running/Screen game -- :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill