Welcome to PatsFans.com

Shut Yer Yap...a primer on sensitivity/censorship

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Mar 12, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If you are over 55 and consider Global Warming just a bunch of hogwash, or simply a nuisance that could possibly benefit your investments...then shut yer yap.

If you are over 55 and consider our sacrifice of the volunteer National Guard in Iraq worthy, but their inability to rescue stranded people in New Orleans simply "failure of government"...then shut yer yap.

If you pass off civil liberties in this country as quaint reminders of the pre-911 world, but completely ignore the failure to capture Bin Laden at least for the honor in it... then shut yer yap.

If you discredit service men and women like Tammy Duckworth, Max Cleland, Lawrence Wilkerson, Colin Powell, Wes Clarke, Jim Webb, John Murtha, and John Kerry for their politics, but endorse dodgers like Cheney, Rove, Bush, and Limbaugh because of theirs...then shut your yap.

If you harp on family values, but don't mind a prez candidate that can't honor the sanctity of marriage, like a Newt Gingrich, or a guy who enjoys wearing tights like Rudy, or a gay meth addict minister like Haggard, or a male hooker journalist with a backstage pass to the White House like Gannon...then shut yer yap.

If you think science isn't legitimate because although you have the brain of a neanderthal, you see no way that we could have evolved from proto-homo and ape, and continue to espouse the easily falsifiable belief that dinosaurs and Adam cohabitated....so shut yer yap.

If you are willing to equate a mass of 100 cells, smaller than the head of a pin, with a 'baby' to thereby lend support for your ill-conceived notion of human development, and actually have the arrogance to think you understand biology better than doctors...then shut yer yap.

On a related note, if you oppose stem cell research but have no solutions for curing Parkinsons disease...then shut yer yap.

If you oppose HPV vaccine because of your predisposition to think science is illegitimate as addressed above, or that your daughter will abstain, yet have no solutions to cure cervical cancer...then shut yer yap.

If you think that social services like soldiers, police, and firefighters deserve a cut in benefits, while CEOs at Halliburton and Blackwater literally make a killing...then shut yer yap.

If you still, to this day, truly, honestly maintain support for the neo-conservative ideology that thinks you can democratize a region at gunpoint...then shut yer yap.

These are now extremist views and anyone of rational mind can conclude the same. I say that its time we censor these jackasses the same way they censored the ffffff.fffuuuuu.ucccc.cckk.k word from our vocabulary.

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Amen to that... Post of the Year

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

link? i'd like to offer this on another political forum as well...

4. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Link?? Are you kidding? This is one of my own, another patsfans.com exclusive editorial from yours truly,

All_Around_Brown

:)

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

aha! apologies... can i quote you then? "a Patriots fan"

6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Censorship, indeed.

This is ALWAYS the way dictatorships work: shut everybody up who has a different idea than you, kill all debate, silence the "inconvenient truths".

Looks like some people here would be more comfortable with the days of Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, and Mao than today's culture of openness and free debate.

//

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

an incredibly ironic statement... considering your heroes in office have perfected the art...

anyhow, drama queen, the theme of this original post is mere sentiment, not an official edict like what comes from the White House... hopefully that's not lost on you

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 15 / -29

If you think that our warriors deserve second and third rate medical treatment, while all of congress and the white house deserve first rate concierge medical services... shut your yap..

If you think the recent raid on the defense contractor in New Bedford, caused immigrant families to be spread across the country separated from their children causing great problems for Mass DSS and the children, but want to build fences.. shut your yap..

If you think it is right for Haliburton to literally steal millions from the US Taxpayer without sanction, but then think it is ok to move to Dubai free from taxes and US corporate responsibility .. shut your yap.

9. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Now you are getting the message. STFU

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

PressCover can't understand someone being able to write something on their own, he lives in a world of "Links".

It is pretty good :rocker:

Censorship of the word "f-ck"
    You would never know it watching HBO, I have to wear earphones when my wife is in the room she can't stand the word "f-ck" every two minutes, she asked me the other night why they have to ruin good movies with all that stuff and I told her "thats those f-cking hollywood democrats, they try to be as offensive as they can because they know it bothers the white christian watching his TV out in Indiana" she said "oh". (No Link)
    :bricks:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Agreed. Does anyone consider the Nevada debate pull-out a form of censorship? Any News Station that leans right. "shut your yap"

12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +394 / 15 / -14

Excellent post, AAB. You should consider posting it on democraticunderground.

The only problem is the righties never shut their yap, though history shows that right wing views over time generally end up in the dustbin of history.

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

I think this post is the perfect post from a leftie, don't engage in point by point debate just scream and tell people who don't agree to shut up. Just like a lefties.

So much for tolerance of others.

14. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +111 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

I think those who are to ***** to serve their country and than rip those apart who have, SHOULD SHUT THEIR ******* YAP!

Those who think protesting is just a brave a military service, should SHUT THEIR YAP!

15. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Protesting as brave as military service? Not by a longshot (at least not in this country, in some countries where you can get shot for protesting, maybe). But is protesting and speaking out against the status quo just as important in a free society? You bet.

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Guess if that's how you feel I'll have to double my time here. Maybe triple it.

Eight days a week are not enough to show I care!!

:woohoo:

//

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ain't it the truth. For all these years the more conservative side has had to live with only the left-leaning old media (NYTimesWashPostCBSNBCABCNPR,etc), and now when a conservative network appears, the liberal candidates scream bloody murder, run and hide. What are they hiding??? If Fox screws them unfairly the other nets/old media will surely cover their behinds!!! So, what are they afraid will happen?!! One network out of five, and they run like prairie dogs when an eagle appears.

I'll tell you: questions. They are afraid of questions, afraid Fox will ask "difficult" questions. They don't want to see "difficult" questions, let alone answer them. If that happened they will be revealed as the hypocrites and double-speakers they really are.

AlGore: "Don't use cars or planes or anything that makes a big carbon footprint."

Al Gore's carbon footprint: many cars, usually of the SUV class, private aircraft, and a home that uses 20 times the national average. Some example.

John Edwards: "Save the poor."

John Edwards' home: the biggest in his county. How many poor people live there?? My guess: none.

At least Che Gueverra gave Fidel Castro's family's land away for "la revolucion" (of course, Fidel made sure he got it all back, and then some.) :p

//

18. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I normally wouldn't approve of the Dems' move to pull out of the debate, but having Fox intentionally compare Obama to Osama doesn't make them look like they're interested in being serious. If they want to be childish, fine, but they're not going to get access unless they can at least pretend to keep a civilized decorum.

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, George and company sure are a bunch of jackboots, aren't they. Condi Rice is the poster child for right-wing dictatorships, isn't she.

:rolleyes:

//

20. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Nice speech! Are you being disingenuous or ignorant like Moveon.org was? That was a joke directed at Bush for confusing the name Obama with Osama. Get it? Obama? Osama? It reminds me of another Bush joke cut from the same cloth.......Why did President Bush send troops to Filene's? Because he heard Bed Linen was on the third floor. Get It? Does Filene's now censor the author of that joke?