Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Shut up and do what you're told!"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Aug 17, 2009.

1. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

Some cops are way out of control.

Mother Tased, Arrested in Front of Kids After Traffic Stop

I've also learned from Radley Balko that SWAT no-knock raids regularly shoot the dogs on the premises. SOP. Bastards. Can't we just end the drug war? No-knock raids are un-American, and should be reserved only for special circumstances.

But with all that military hardware often donated to PDs, why not use them every now and again? The guys like to go black ops.

It's just the regular folk who sometimes suffer.

Anyone who kills my golden retriever and black lab...I'd better not go there.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Police departments and many cops are out of control these days. It's a result of the "Shut up and do what you're told" culture we live in. People are lazy and the easiest thing to do is go with the flow.
    It's why kids can't have fun on their own anymore.
    It's why school departments can get away with mandating psychoactive drugs for boys who are "hyperactive".
    It's why everyone in a ballpark feels compelled to stand for "God Bless America" in the seventh inning.
    It's why everyone has to have five HD TV's in their house and a phone that is also a computer, camera and video arcade even though they already have a phone, camera, video console and a computert at their house.

It's getting late in the game and everyone's fast asleep.

STFU and do what you're told.

3. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just another example of a bad system with bad people running it. Most cops are out of control, their are a few that do a good job but that's few and far between.

Protect and Serve not harass and control but some people feel that cops can do no wrong and there just doing there job..........:rolleyes:

It's whatever, till we stand up and change it or it will just keep happening.

4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

Some kid in his basement put something on his blog and you guys take it as gospel??

Please document any single piece of military hardware that cops are using?? You have put that out there as fact, please back it up!

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

That is one of the most popular threads on stormfront...
    here is one of the comments..

Mom Tasered in Front of Her Kids During Traffic Stop - Stormfront

6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +153 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Stormfront - View Single Post - Mom Tasered in Front of Her Kids During Traffic Stop

Guess you were right that stuff there sounds like some posters here.

7. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  8. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

So sorry...this just took about 20 seconds to find.

City of Charleston, SC Police Department

9. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

OOOPS! Watsdis?

US MD: Police Develop 'Military Mind Set'

"...Between 1995 and 1997, the military handed over 1.2 million pieces of surplus military hardware to police SWAT teams. But more important, about half of SWAT members get their training from active-duty military personnel, some of them from the Navy SEALS or Army Rangers. Like those special operations units, the SWAT team is structured as a combat unit, with a commander, a tactical leader, a scout, a sniper and so on. The 10-member La Plata County, Colo., SWAT team stormed Samuel Heflin's 46-acre ranch in Bayfield in April 1996, searching for evidence related to a barroom brawl: a cowboy hat, a shirt and a cigarette pack. In the process, an 8-year-old boy playing basketball was forced down at gunpoint, as was a 14-year-old boy.

Sheriff's deputies then followed screaming Shelby Heflin, 4, into the house with a laser-sighted weapon pointed at her back. The SWAT team ordered everyone to lie face down, and when Heflin asked to see a search warrant, he was told to "shut the f--- up." The family has filed an excessive force suit against the county's SWAT team.

In 1997, the SWAT team of Dinuba, Calif. ( population 15,000 ), broke into the home of Ramon Gallardo, looking for his son, and shot the unarmed Gallardo 15 times. A jury awarded the family $12.5 million, which exceeded the town's insurance coverage. The town has disbanded its SWAT unit. ..."

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

Armoured Vehicles, everything else is standard issue stuff THAT ANYONE CAN BUY!!!!

Yes anyone can buy laser sights, anyone (execpt convicted felons) can buy the assualt rifles they use. So you are complaining that the Police protect themsleves with armoured vehicles????

11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The pot thing is just silly and sad. As to the Tazing, I suppose the cops are at times a bit too quick to use it; but its in the nature of cops to be practical. A non-lethal weapon that will bring an arrestee under control near immediately is hard to resist for people who's instinct is to seek order and peace.

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

I know lots of cops. Tons of my buddies growing up are scattered in police departments across the state. When people get a badge and a gun, while making $100-200k a year, do you think they're going to give a $%$^ about what you think? If you don't bend over, get on your knees, or say "sir", your arse is getting tasered. It's as simple as that. What recourse is there? I want to stress that the bad apples are not the majority. A lot of cops are excellent people, who do their job with absolute integrity.

13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +570 / 22 / -19

I agree with you, so I guess that means we both must be wrong!

14. makoute

makoute In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +98 / 2 / -0

I don't think that's the case. The way PO/PD go out of their way to protect the "few" bad ones tells me that their in the majority.

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

Hey, even a broken clock is right two times a day! ;)

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

That would fall under my "What recourse is there?" point. That's a union for you. No matter what happens, their boy/girl is always right.

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

Doctors do the same thing...........

------------------
    Liberals loved Tasers when they first came out they said it was better than beating a head with a club or shooting a scumbag dead.

I think I'll write a Song,

Title
    I'd Rather Be Tased Than Shot

18. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Read the second link I posted. It's more than equipment. There's the cross-training from active members of the military. It's the structural changes. Their terminology has grown particularly militaristic. It's the overall mentality that breaks away from the "civilian" status police have and moves them to a separate and superior sense of their positions in society. If you give a hippie an armored vehicle, he'll probably use it to drive to his pot field in the woods.

You can pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, but I think you do. Either that, or you've become what I'm describing and can't tell the difference.

19. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Good point. Same with lawyers and Terry Francona.

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

I've always wanted to hit a Lawyer in the face with a shovel before I die..

Who is Terry Francona, I had sex once with a girl named Francine Francona, I wonder if this Terry is my kid..l...:confused: