PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shut up about Spygate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots slaughter of the hapless cheating Chargees has driven MiChargers so insane he's trying to draw particular distinctions to justify his blind raging hatred, animosity and overwhelming jealousy of BB and the New England Patriots Football Club.

Must be a real hard life to be so enraged and jealous that one has to spend all his time attacking fans of another team on THEIR board, 3000 miles away. Pretty wacky....you must be a real nutcase in real life....glad you're out there in Taco and Toffutti Land.

I don't think that NFL is willing to pay and protect him for a tape if he has it because Goodel doesn't think that his evidence offers anything 'new'.

if he has a tape, the first organization will contact him for a settlement is Patriots NOT NFL but you haven't seen that. Therefore, it's not going to happen.

Walsh is a looser in the end because he gains nothing.

I wonder about this. I just don't believe he has a tape. I sure hope he doesn't.

If he does, though, I want to know. I don't want to live in denial. If BB cheated the Rams, I want to know. If he didn't, as I suspect, let's get it out there, and clear this thing up. BB should be going to the HOF with dignity not surrounded by suspicions.

The way you put it, it sounds like it's ok that Walsh has a tape as long as we squelch it. I hate that approach.

I continue to find the whole "cheating" terminology interesting. How do we define it and then what are the repercussions? I assume most (including the league) find the following activities OK - bringing in recently cut players to see what they know prior to an upcoming game, having people in the stands, sidelines or pressbox with binoculars and relaying anything they find out to the coaches/players as quickly as they find something, coaches or players listening to other teams audibles during the game and trying to decipher them and changing plays if necessary. What we are not sure is OK - if you found someones playbook are you obligated to return it? Is it OK to have someone pay attention at an open practice and take notes? Obviously filming an open practice would be aserious form of cheating as per the new Superbowl allegations.

My rules - if it is done in the open - everything is fair game. Players should only have approved equipment on them but besides that they can figure out whatever they want. You can tape anything you want and from anywhere on the sidelines or in the arena as long as you are not in areas specifically designated for your opponents. If a practice is open then you can sit in the stands and film it if you want. If teams do not want that then they can specifically close the practice to the public. You cannot bug lockers rooms or break into other team facilities.

The thing I find so incredible about the Rams walkthrough scandal is that we are being led to believe that: A team is putting in new "secret" plays the day before the biggest game of the year and that they are doing it in front of numerous media members that had just attended the Pats walkthrough, one of which allegedly pulled out a camcorder and started filiming what they did. Was he hiding behind a seat when he did it or was it out in the open? I can not imagine a team being so dumb as to reveal their plays to anyone in attendance even if there was not a camera. Couldn't they have just paid attention and relayed the info to the other team? The scandal would make sense if we somehow broke into a Rams practice and filmed what they did. Same goes to to whole spygate thing. For us to believe the taping is significant it forces us to believe that teams do not change their signals during games or between games. So exactly what is Spector saying? That the Pats must have filmed the Eagles earlier game and that they knew their signals for the Superbowl? We scored all of 7 points in the 1st half so that hurts that logic. Or is it that we taped them in the 1st half, deciphered all of tehm then implemented them in the 2nd half?

My God, this has gone way to far. You can't punish somebody for something and then decide your gonna punish them some more later on. The Patriots filmed some sidelines and possibly practices. Big Whoop! I remember the Dolphins doing something similar last year and that disapeared within a week. They shut out Tom Brady that game, how often does that happen? Sportswriters like Easterbrook can kiss my ass. It's their constant nagging that is turning this into a huge incident. The media coverage is ridiculous. You would have thought that we broke into a hotel somewhere.

I like Roger Goodell. The guy is covering our backs and for good reason. Because every team has a closet full of skeletons and it's not fair to single out only one. I wish he would just say what he's thinking to the press, "Listen you idiots. They will always be juicing and they will always be trying to steal eachothers signals and if you don't like that then go watch tennis."

Seriosly, who the hell is this Senator Arlen Specter? I know how concerned he probably is about proper justice in professional sports but perhaps he'd allow an investigation of his personal life. I kid you not, this guy tried to pass a bill that would "authorize warrentless surveillance under presidential authority" of US citizens. I'm sorry Senator, but I believe that's against the fourth ammendment, therefore unconstitutional and unlawful. I think somebody has his own Spygate to worry about.
Guys the fact is the Patriots were caught spying which is the last thing this great team needed to happen this season.Its funny to me for a team this great team to spy on the crappy jets team lol and to make matters much worse the video evidence was destroyed so guys dont expect spygate to go away anytime soon,so my advice is take it like a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back