PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shut the **** up mason

Status
Not open for further replies.
but then they beat the pats in the playoffs after that

2 years later they finally won for the first time ever (in the TFB era), and that was the very first game without Welker..who went down in the season finale at HOU.

In the BAL game the Ravens came out and played a great game, and were exceptional on making some key defensive plays.

The 2009 season was a lot like the 2005 season (IMO). Both were Pats teams who were in a transitional period, for one reason or another. Both were also years where the talent just wasn't there.

But you can't argue that BAL was terribly salty about their loss in the '07 season when that fat blowhard Rex called the timeout right before they stuffed Brady on the sneak, thus ruining their upset. It all came to a head a couple yrs later when Brady gestured to the ref for a flag when Suggs went low for his lower leg/knee, which was perceived by many to be a wussy move. In all fairness, I have seen every single QB in the game ask the ref for a call/argue a call before, especially considering that Brady had just returned from his major surgery. At any rate, BAL fans had it building up for a long time, so that was their 'big' chance at...something that they could use. They finally won the game in the 09 season's playoffs, and that was their ONE victory over the team in the Brady era.

Last edited:
2 years later they finally won for the first time ever (in the TFB era), and that was the very first game without Welker..who went down in the season finale at HOU.

In the BAL game the Ravens came out and played a great game, and were exceptional on making some key defensive plays.

The 2009 season was a lot like the 2005 season (IMO). Both were Pats teams who were in a transitional period, for one reason or another. Both were also years where the talent just wasn't there.

But you can't argue that BAL was terribly salty about their loss in the '07 season when that fat blowhard Rex called the timeout right before they stuffed Brady on the sneak, thus ruining their upset. It all came to a head a couple yrs later when Brady gestured to the ref for a flag when Suggs went low for his lower leg/knee, which was perceived by many to be a wussy move. In all fairness, I have seen every single QB in the game ask the ref for a call/argue a call before, especially considering that Brady had just returned from his major surgery. At any rate, BAL fans had it building up for a long time, so that was their 'big' chance at...something that they could use. They finally won the game in the 09 season's playoffs, and that was their ONE victory over the team in the Brady era.

Pretty much this. Baltimore always plays the Pats tough, but when you look at the scoreboard at the end of the game, it has, with one exception, more points on the New England side.

Where can i watch it? damn i cant find it anywhere

Where can i watch it? damn i cant find it anywhere

Me either. I'm sure a torrent will pop up soon, but if anyone finds something, plz PM me. Or if you hobby that sort of thing, feed one yourself for your patsfans homies.

Kinda seems like everyone that was on the '07 Ravens has a problem with the Pats, for some reason. Must have something to do with wanting to whine about officiating rather than win games.

I wonder if it has anything to do with beating the Pats once in a decade's worth of games? :)

Last edited:
I wonder if it has anything to do with beating the Pats once in a decade's worth of games? :)

They are all criminals and criminals hate the boy-scout-white-boy image (however wrong it may be) of the Patriots.

Someone should sell poster sized "Shut the **** up, Mason" signs for the Jests games and give them away at the Stadiums. Must-see-TV.

Ravens and Ravens fans have an inferiority complex and always feel like they're being cheated by the refs and the NFL when playing against the Pats, Steelers, Colts, and etc. Mason was obviously no exception.

Seriously, there were people whining that a holding call on Bryant McKinnie on James Harrison during their trashing of the Steelers last week was just the refs yet again looking out for Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
I burst right out laughing when Hoodie let that rip. "STFU Mason" priceless.

I cannot wait for next week. Short of the man's memoirs, this may be the best look at BB. For those of you who don't have NFL Network, i'll be shocked if this isn't out on DVD in time for Christmas.

Yup, in what was unquestionably the franchise's high point of the decade.

You watch football much?

The Ravens won a Super Bowl in that decade, you know. I'm sure beating the Patriots in a divisional round game is pretty low on their highlights list.

Being a Uk resident i also missed this. :mad:

Would anyone be kind enough to explain where i can view it? :)

Maybe it's just me, but I'm fine with a player talking trash to another player on the playing field. I have an issue with a player talking to trash to a coach.

Last edited:
I wish I could have made out what Mason said. Anyone catch it? It was something like "I can have this all day coach"
It sounded to me like, "I'll be/I've been smiling all day"

Maybe it's just me, but I'm fine with a player talking trash to another player on the playing field. I have an issue with a player talking to trash to a coach. Eff Derrick Mason.

For me, what stood out was Bill showing the team past plays where they didn't celebrate as a team and had low energy vs coming together as a team and celebrating plays. He said "that's intimidation", as the other team sees they are not just trying to beat one guy but a group of players all together acting as one. I know it's said all the time, you can do more together than as individuals, and I think he points it out well. As a manager, it's something I preach, so it's nice to see illustrated in that way.

As a worker, I used to emulate Larry Bird, saying he did more with what he had than anyone else. And he knew he had to get others involved and work as a team to be great.

As a manager, I now emulate Bill and other great coaches in the way they produce great results. He puts so much into his job, it is so impressive. I can only hope to learn from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes