PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shula to be in MNF booth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is his addition in the booth supposed to actually bring something to the game?

Now, if they had him on for the Dolphins' game....

Oh for cripes sake!! Just retire the old geezer. On a positive note, the Pats will now be sure to run up the score if given the opportunity. ;)

what?! no Mercury Morris? come on ESPN! you can do better than just Shula.

Jaws: Moss isn't going 100% on each play

Shula: We are the only real undefeated team without an asterisk

Kornheiser: This isn't helping my fantasy team

Tirico: I think theirs a game going on here, let me check.

Thanks ESPN :rolleyes:

For a preview of what to expect from Shula...

Shula Interview

(Yes, I know it was posted before, but it's too good)

Regards,
Chris

I've been tempted alot of times this year to mute the MNF broadcast, I believe this is the first week I will actually do this. :D

Try it. I do this most of the time on NFL games on every network. The booth adds very little value for me. It's much better on the nerves, except I really miss the crowd/game noise. Really. Just listen to what they say. It's mostly useless. And those stupid reports from the sideline are simply riveting !! ;)

I simply don't understand why everyone reacts this way. SNF/MNF on ESPN has never been the best football broadcast, but it's not the worst (some of the lower-status CBS and Fox broadcast teams grate on me much worse). And Jaworski is 10x better than Theisman, he has improved the broadcast greatly.

And if Moss really is dogging it occasionally... which the play Jaws showed on ESPN looked like... what is the problem reporting it? I want to know, even if it's bad for us. Jaworski backs his opinions up with film to provide a reasonable basis for his comments. It's not like a lot of others who just make things up and pass them off as true.

Shula probably wants to try to backtrack a little to a national audience, since he's been embarrassed a little. I'm actually looking a bit forward to it.

As for Jaws' comments about Moss, I'm not sure we could have asked for better. In fact, the moment I saw it, my reaction was that Jaws likes us and decided to help propel us forward.

what?! no Mercury Morris? come on ESPN! you can do better than just Shula.
I believe they're saving him for the Pats-Phins game. That would be marvelous!!!!

Typical ESPN wanting to create the news rather than reporting it.

Maybe we should prepare a list for ESPN containing Pats-friendly guests like Marshall Faulk that they could invite. :rolleyes: That would ensure that we have the bulletin board filled up regularly for the full season. :)

I'm not going to join in on this kicking Shula around.
The man was a great football coach. One of the best some would argue.
Of course I don't care for his "asterisk" comment.
I believe he was manipulated into saying it by the media honchos.
The man is very old and does not have the same cranial power he once had.
If he was of a more sound mind and new exactly what happened, I doubt he would have said what he said.
The man is old, at least slightly senile and over protective of his achievement.
I will cut him slack.

But I reserve the right to change my mind if he proves to be unreasonable about it in the booth Monday night.

I'm not going to join in on this kicking Shula around.
The man was a great football coach. One of the best some would argue.
Of course I don't care for his "asterisk" comment.
I believe he was manipulated into saying it by the media honchos.
The man is very old and does not have the same cranial power he once had.
If he was of a more sound mind and new exactly what happened, I doubt he would have said what he said.
The man is old, at least slightly senile and over protective of his achievement.
I will cut him slack.

But I reserve the right to change my mind if he proves to be unreasonable about it in the booth Monday night.

Gary Myers, who wrote the story in the Daily News that got it all started, was VERY adament, not sure where I saw it, I think the football show on the YES Network, that Shula was the one who brought up the "asterisk."

Normally I hate watching games in a bar...I just don't think you get the same feel for it, but the ESPN coverage is so terrible, and it will be multiplied in the negative direction this week because of Spygate/Shula, it's going to be almost an impossible listen.

I think I am going to go to a bar on Monday.

I'm gonna be there as well... you cannot possibly hear anything in the bar, but it's still more intelligent than the commentary will be;)

Gary Myers, who wrote the story in the Daily News that got it all started, was VERY adament, not sure where I saw it, I think the football show on the YES Network, that Shula was the one who brought up the "asterisk."

That's the first I've heard of that.
I'm still not going to hate the guy.
His team is Miami and you just know all New England's' success, not just this year but the last several, has got to be tearing him apart.
And now he faces the indignity of not only seeing the Pats possibly equal/surpass his record but all while his team, Miami, could possibly go winless.
Now that's some frikking karmic irony.
Or would that be ironic karma?:confused:
I guess I just feel sorry for him.

I usually don't say much about the media because football is what's important to me, not what the media or announcers say. But the problem with ESPN's MNF braodcast is to them the game is secondary and the hype/entertainment value is what's more important to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back