PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shula backpeddling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here would be my "dream" scenario for the 2007 season to play out.

First and foremost, have the Patriots go a perfect 19-0, completely eclipsing the '72 Dolphins record of 17-0, finally making them nothing but a footnote in NFL history, having been eclipsed and surpassed (by their most bitter rival at that). You think that would not stick in Shula, and the rest of the "72-ers craws for the rest of their lives? Although, I am sure Shula and Co. would push for and advocate that this record (19-0) be "astericked" if for no other reason, the same reason Ford Fricke "astericked" Roger Maris' 61st homerun in 1961. How dare he break the great "Babe Ruth's" record, the audacity of such action. Same thing here with the Pats'. No fair they played "more" games. I could just hear that bit of whining now !!!!

Have the Dolphins create some new history themselves by being the first team to complete a perfect 0-16 season in the same year. I say if that happens, the 1976 Tampa Bay Bucs should have an annual party and pop champagne themselves and chant "We are no longer the worst in NFL history !!!!"

Beat the Dolphins at least 53-0 in Foxboro, finally eclipsing their 52-0 drumming of the Pats in 1972.

If you can think of any others, feel free to "pile on"

EZ76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back