PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shula at it again with the "Asterisk" Argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shula at it again. Tells Florida writer he's rooting for Giants

Shula will not be in my first 10 thoughts when the Pats win on February 3, but I do look forwarding to picturing his unhappy ****.

He will be the first to call to congratulate the Patriots. He will be desperately redialing and redialing. The Pats will be too busy receiving the world's accolades, so Shula will have to settle for faxing a statement to Bob Costas saying that he WAS the first to call, but the call just wouldn't go through.

We can then all give him the credit for making the first call to congratulate, but sorry Don, since the call wasn't answered, we'll have to put an ASTERISK next to that designation.

BTW, what a passive-aggressive jerk he is to continually bring up the "asterisk" and always follow that shot with "I'll be the first to call to congratulate them". What a two-faced phoney!

I hope BB refuses to take the call. He'll have more important folks congratulating him.

Actually I hope BB gives him the Tom Jackson treatment..........

Don Shula did a radio interview down here on Wednesday where he did nothing but sing the praises of the Patriots. This is the problem with all you people with artificial chips on your shoulders. You look to be offended rather than looking for more important information.

Please, oh please! I hope we get to witness this live and watch the dumb-founded scowl on the old bucket's face when he has to congratulate Belichick if we beat the Giants.

"We're always portrayed as angry old men because we're proud of what we accomplished," Shula says. "Believe me, I'll be the first to congratulate the Patriots if they run the table and finish with a perfect record because I know how hard it is to do. But that doesn't mean I want it to happen."

He really is just a grumpy old man who is doing anything to get some final moments of glory before his ship sinks with the 72 dolphins in it.

Don Shula did a radio interview down here on Wednesday where he did nothing but sing the praises of the Patriots. This is the problem with all you people with artificial chips on your shoulders. You look to be offended rather than looking for more important information.

The problem with "you people" is you are to much of a wimp to get offended when you should be offended. Keep kissing the @$$ of the people who hate your team. I'm sure they find you an "acceptable" Patriot fan.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me what is noteworthy about the ravings of an 80-year-old man?

Actually I hope BB gives him the Tom Jackson treatment..........

My thoughts exactly............and do you think Bill will be sitting by the phone awaiting his call?

One of the very best things that would happen if the Pats win the SB is that we should never have to read about what Shula or any of the '72 Dolphins have to say again. And their Champagne will be permanently turned to vinegar. I haven't had any issues with their 'Champagne' celebrations each year. It seemed like a good story and a celebration of a great accomplishment. But their sour grapes and acid demeanor has not only made their whole team image rotten but forever tarnishes their team accomplishment. Really sad - but certainly disgusting.

I enjoyed shula on MNF in the booth when the pats were playing balt. he was all giddy and all smile in the 3rd quarter leading into the fourth quarter and when the patriots made their comeback his face was white.

This bang cartoon says it all...:D

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/shulahula.htm

The problem with "you people" is you are to much of a wimp to get offended when you should be offended. Keep kissing the @$$ of the people who hate your team. I'm sure they find you an "acceptable" Patriot fan.

Getting offended because Shula points out certain unpleasant realities doesn't make you a better fan. It makes you thin-skinned. Attacking other fans of your team because they don't agree with you that Shula is the Anti-Christ makes you ridiculous.

Last edited:

No prob. rooting for the Giants and hoping the Pats lose. That's his prerogative.

HOWVER, he decides to repeat the ASTERISK argument again. That's a horse of a different color.

Point taken and I agree. I was going by the thread's title. Thanks.

Shula says: ""We're always portrayed as angry old men because we're proud of what we accomplished," Shula says. "Believe me, I'll be the first to congratulate the Patriots if they run the table and finish with a perfect record because I know how hard it is to do. But that doesn't mean I want it to happen."

We don't want your congratulations. Why would we want congrats from somebody who went 17 and 0? If the Pats win it will be 19 and 0. You're not even in our neighborhood.

Suggestion to edit the thread's title to include the "*" follow-up comment so that dumbos like me will read the article before reacting :snob: :D

Posted comment #19

Dear Mike:
Per our agreement, I enclose the eight (8) gift certificates to Shula's Steak Houses. As you recall, I was going to forward them to you once I found the "Make No Bones, Shula is rooting for Giants" article that I wrote for you was published. Also, thanks for not making any changes to my "article"(Merc helped me with the title). I'll be available all next week if you need any follow-ups.
Coach Shula

Last edited:

Getting offended because Shula points out certain unpleasant realities doesn't make you a better fan. It makes you thin-skinned. Attacking other fans of your team because they don't agree with you that Shula is the Anti-Christ makes you ridiculous.

You enter the thread throwing a haymaker about labeling any Pat fan "you people" for taking offense to Shula's numerous putdowns of an undefeated team. After satisfying yourself with this sweeping generalization, you come back to say you can't believe a Pat fan would attack another Pat fan for not seeing things his way.

You enter the thread throwing a haymaker about labeling any Pat fan "you people" for taking offense to Shula's numerous putdowns of an undefeated team. After satisfying yourself with this sweeping generalization, you come back to say you can't believe a Pat fan would attack another Pat fan for not seeing things his way.

Wow, you managed to completely miss the point of my posts. That's impressive.

Wow, you managed to completely miss the point of my posts. That's impressive.

....and YOU still disingenuously avoid that Shula repetively brings up the ASTERISK argument to columnists 3 months on from his "original" interview with Gary Meyers. Followed by passive-aggressively saying "But, it's not my place to be the one to bring it up".

Things that make you go "hmmmmm".

Its funny...
How many 85 Bears are coming out and saying their season was more dominant than the Patriots season?
Or how man 80s 49ers, 90s Cowboys are coming out saying they had a better Dynasty?

None.
You know why? Because they don't care. They're comfortable knowing they had the best teams of their eras, and any comparison between eras is subjective. No matter what a team does today, it doesn't diminish what they accomplished.

The dolphins on the other hand...
Just jealous media whores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back