PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shula at it again with the "Asterisk" Argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shula at it again. Tells Florida writer he's rooting for Giants

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bianchi2508jan25,0,3990753.column

The old man is at it again. When will he ever learn? Guess when you're about to be pushed out of the record books, it's hard to accept.

Its ok to root for Giants, but he is showing that he is a Jealous Mofo......his crippled azz will be rotting in a FL nursing home within next 3 yrs.

This is about all the press their team has received in the past 35 years, except for 85 Bears season.

****** can root for his 1-15 Dolphins now.

Sorry dude, can't understand what you are upset about. So what if someone picks the Giants?? Why are we so desperate for 100% of the fans, the writers, media and the NFL to support only the Pats??

I would rather everyone speaks and picks the Giants so that after the SB dust settles, we can stand tall and alone with a W than try to admonish others for picking against us.

It's becoming apparent that a a condition known as Legacy Slipping Syndrome(LSS) exists. A Socialiology department at a major university really needs to study this.

I just weighed in with "Comment #3" below the article.

Sorry dude, can't understand what you are upset about. So what if someone picks the Giants?? Why are we so desperate for 100% of the fans, the writers, media and the NFL to support only the Pats??

I would rather everyone speaks and picks the Giants so that after the SB dust settles, we can stand tall and alone with a W than try to admonish others for picking against us.

Lest we forget this azzhole is the same guy who "illegally" signed to coach Dolphins while he was under contract to coach Colts. NFL fined the Dolphins their first round pick.

Complete hypocrite mofo.....of course he wont bring that up that HIS team, Dolhpins, were FINED their #1 pick too.

In my book, a bufoon old senile ass who could do nothing with possibly one of the greatest QB (statistically) in 12+ yrs he had him.

No prob. rooting for the Giants and hoping the Pats lose. That's his prerogative.

HOWVER, he decides to repeat the ASTERISK argument again. That's a horse of a different color.

How pathetic.

BTW, I loved the thread on here the other day where Mercury Morris was dubbed "Uranus" Morris. Can't wait for the Pats to moved into Shula's and Morris' neighborhood! When they see Morris on the corner, the Pats can say "What's up, Uranus?"

Last edited:

You can't blame Shula for being protective of that record but I think the author is taking advantage of him to push his own agenda. Here's a quote from the article.

Some might claim Shula is just being bitter; I say he's just being blunt. And bless him for that. Bless Don Shula and the '72 Dolphins for not being a bunch of phony baloneys and acting as if they're happy the New England BeliCheats are on the verge of taking their place in history.

I don't have any problem with Shula, or any of them, wanting the Pats to get beat. I'm probably one of the few who has always sort of liked how they're proud of the undefeated thing.

What has been sad this year, and sort of changed the whole thing, is how they've gotten so snippy toward the Pats, in so many different ways. THAT is what makes them seem bitter and pathetic.

So what, a lot of people are rooting for the Giants. I read yesterday Bill Clinton is rooting for the Giants.

And I can understand the relevance with why Shula is rooting for the Giants, I am not sure why who the ex-president is rooting for matters.

Last edited:

BTW, what a passive-aggressive jerk he is to continually bring up the "asterisk" and always follow that shot with "I'll be the first to call to congratulate them". What a two-faced phoney!

I hope BB refuses to take the call. He'll have more important folks congratulating him.

So what, a lot of people are rooting for the Giants. I read yesterday Bill Clinton is rooting for the Giants.

And I can understand the relevance with why Shula is rooting for the Giants, I am not sure why who the ex-president is rooting for matters.

You're missing the point. It's not the "rooting" part.

I'm shocked and appalled that Shula would be rooting against the Patriots and doesn't want to give up his and his team's place as the only undefeated team in an NFL season.

Oh - no wait. No I'm not. I'd be shocked if he WAS rooting for the Patriots.

I'm shocked and appalled that Shula would be rooting against the Patriots and doesn't want to give up his and his team's place as the only undefeated team in an NFL season.

Oh - no wait. No I'm not. I'd be shocked if he WAS rooting for the Patriots.

Due to the thread title, I can see why you think it might be the "rooting" part that gets peoples' goats. However, it's the asterisk repetition.

It's pretty obvious that the people giving Shula a pass didn;t even bother to read the article. If you had you would realize what a self-serving hypocrite this senile @$$clown is. This is the same jerk who watered the field vs the Jets in the Championship game to prevent McNeil and W.Walker et. al from abusing his sorry @$$ defense, turning the orange Bowl into the infamous "mud bowl". For him to whine that the John Smith FG was "the most illegal act to decide a game in NFL history" just speaks to the rotten core of this senile fossil. As an act of mercy, I hope he chokes and dies on his dentures before Super Bowl Sunday so that he gets to kick the bucket with his legacy intact. That would be an act of mercy for this leathery old prune.

How pathetic.

BTW, I loved the thread on here the other day where Mercury Morris was dubbed "Uranus" Morris. Can't wait for the Pats to moved into Shula's and Morris' neighborhood! When they see Morris on the corner, the Pats can say "What's up, Uranus?"

This is classic!

I could see this on an old Beavis & Butthead episode or something. It makes me laugh just thinking about it..!:D

On Shula: a classsic case of "the older I get, the better I used to be."

I didn't read past this line:

"If you are one of the many who criticize the 1972 Dolphins for wanting so badly to remain the only perfect team in NFL history, then you are among the most fraudulent, insincere hypocrites in all of sports."

How am I supposed to read an article like that?

First off, I'm not in sports.

Second, if he thinks this is the most fraudulent and insincere thing in the world, he's silly and naive, not to mention hyperbolic.

What an idiot.

Shula will not be in my first 10 thoughts when the Pats win on February 3, but I do look forwarding to picturing his unhappy ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back