Welcome to PatsFans.com

Shouldn't this be a fine at least?

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Brady_to_Moss, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 6 / -2

#95 Jersey

2. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +630 / 11 / -6

Yes, they do. In fact, players have gotten ejected for accidentally striking refs, let alone deliberately.

And let's not forget that Cary Williams is the same jackass who should have been ejected for punching Edelman. :ban?:
  3. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

This was the most blatant non-call I've ever seen. It was completely impossible for the official to say he didn't see it. If they have no problem ignoring this, then what else?
  4. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +769 / 21 / -27

I can understand (not agree with but understand) why the ref would eat the flag in the heat of the moment, but not fining him is setting a dangerous precedent.
  5. chasa

chasa On the Roster

Ratings:
    +351 / 18 / -5

#87 Jersey

Tap a refs arm to ask him a question that'll be $50,000 Mr Belicheck. Violently shove a ref during a game? here is a lombardi trophy and no fine.
  6. IndianPat

IndianPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

The non-action by the league bothers me. The league has without exception either ejected and or fined players for contact with officials either accidental or deliberate. The league cannot condone a rather violent shove by Cary Williams - I cannot think of any reason the league violates its own policy.
  7. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 1 / -0

This is bull crap. In my mind, he should serve his deserved ejection by way of suspension in week 1 next season. There's no way you can rationalize doing nothing.
  8. Bravo777

Bravo777 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

His socks were at the correct height so there was no reason to fine him.
  9. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 6 / -2

#95 Jersey

They should never suspend or fine a player for touching a ref ever again in the NFL after this botched call
  10. fourhour

fourhour Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's very interesting!
  11. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Hard to believe Brandon Lloyd got a flag for tossing the ball to the ref after seeing that.
  12. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

If I was any player that was ejected/fined this year for anything to do with a ref, I'd be filing a complaint with the league and having it go before an arbitrator. The fact that Williams wasn't ejected immediately was ridiculous. The fact that he wasn't even fined or suspended for 1 game just goes to show that the league was pulling for the Ravens.
  13. juny

juny Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 1 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I would love to hear the rationale from the league why there is no fine for the shove of the ref. The ref union really should get involved, and they have leverage, as the replacement refs were an embarrassment to the league.

I also don't get why nothing was done about the helmet to helmet hit on crabtree on the final SF drive. Since the ball got knocked out before he had possession and an incompletion, doesn't that make him defenseless too, making contact to the head illegal?
  14. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

this is the third sb i have serious questions about after steelers/seahawks and of course after '07.
  15. Claremonster

Claremonster Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

The fix is in!
  16. Batman

Batman Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

So frank Gore got a fine for having his socks rolled down in a game and Williams can shove a ref and its fine.
  17. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

after all the non calls in the game, the league probably doesn't want to call out any particular incident in the game.....:rolleyes:
  18. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 3 / -10

#12 Jersey

The officials' union is likely the last group that would get involved because it would only re-focus attention on the malfeasance of one of its members. Just another piece of evidence for those conspiracy theorists who suspect the NFL wanted the "Ray-vens" to win.
  19. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

That is actually part of it. The kicker is the controversey about Boger even getting this game after having his record cleaned up on appeal by Ray Anderson the extent he qualified as the best referee all season (when he's not even close to that) and therefore the one who got the plum assignment. Which of course the league vehemently denied... Williams also made the heat of the moment argument after the fact, but then they all do and it usually falls on deaf ears.

I think Ray Anderson, who has been Sr. VP of football ops for the league since 2006 and who I always felt had as much if not more to do with the severity of our penalty in 2006 as Goodell did, has had his fingerprints all over a lot of Goodell's bull in the china shopesque miscalculations over the last several years including his oversight on officiating and penalties. He's a former lawyer turned agent who repped many minority HC's including St. Dungy before his hire by the league. I hear he's jonesing for a club presidency and the Raiders are his latest suitor. Do the rest of us a favor and hire the man...
  20. flasox27

flasox27 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 2 / -4

#54 Jersey

In Goodell's NFL some teams are more equal than others. Apparently there are rules for teams he likes as in this incident and the Jets tripping gate and different rules for the Pats and Saints. I would not be suprised if the ref's got the word from on high how to call the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.