PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shouldn't go under the radar: Wes Welker is set to be #1 in Patriots receptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welker on another team with a quarterback not named Brady,Rodgers or Manning makes him an average at best WR.......some will disagree with this but I think the magic of Welker started the day he signed here and will end the day he leaves.
Wes Welker on another AFCE squad:
Gods forbid, if he defected to the jest, I'd wager that Sark Manchez couldn't get him the ball if Wes had a laser pointer taped to his hat.
Wes in a Buffalol uni? I think that (what's that dude's name over there??? Harvard grad, if memory serves ;)) might get him a half-dozen per week. But it's hard to complete a pass from the grass.
In Miami, he'd have every pass thrown to him. They'd still lose.

His production has been insane. He's already tied formthe most 100 reception seasons all time. He'd have the most already if it wasn't for the acl injury. No one else has more than two 110 recetption seasons, welker has 4 in 5 years. If the guy had been here all along he'd probably be gunning for a top 5 all time slot in recptions within the next 2-3 years. Dude is the man. I'm really curious to see what kind of consideration he gets for Canton.

Brady needs 21 passing yards for 40,000 in his career
With 260 passing yards, he ties Johnny Unitas for 13th on the all time list
With 572 yards passing, he ties Montana for 12th on the all time list
With 17,639 rushing yards, he ties Emmitt Smith as the alltime rushing leader... That last one may be out of reach........

Wes Welker on another AFCE squad:
Gods forbid, if he defected to the jest, I'd wager that Sark Manchez couldn't get him the ball if Wes had a laser pointer taped to his hat.
Wes in a Buffalol uni? I think that (what's that dude's name over there??? Harvard grad, if memory serves ;)) might get him a half-dozen per week. But it's hard to complete a pass from the grass.
In Miami, he'd have every pass thrown to him. They'd still lose.

Welker was with Miami for three years and his number of receptions doubled from season two to season three. His average yards per reception was 11.7 with Miami for those three years and 11.0 in the five years with us. I think he'd be a great addition to any team.

It's fitting that Wes Welker makes the catch that sets the all-time Patriot record at home. He'll stand alone above some great ones.

It's fitting that Wes Welker makes the catch that sets the all-time Patriot record at home. He'll stand alone above some great ones.

Huh? I have brought this up a couple times on different threads. But the typical football fan / reporter is more interested in pathetic conspiracy theories. 'Trade Wes Welker', 'Wes Welker being phased out of Offense", Wes Welker blah, blah, blah.

What a bunch of BS.

Wes Welker caught three passes..... So that troy Brown could retire this week as the WR with the most receptions in Pats history.

AND THEN Wes could break the record AT HOME.

Not really groundbreaking. Don't need to be a member of Mensa. Just need to be able separate reality from the phantasy world that most of the football fans / reporters in New England live in.

My conspiracy theory is that the Patriots kept his passes down last week because they wanted Welker to break the record at home.

I guess it is easier for talk radio to say that the evil Patriots are trying to stick it to 83...

Huh? I have brought this up a couple times on different threads. But the typical football fan / reporter is more interested in pathetic conspiracy theories. 'Trade Wes Welker', 'Wes Welker being phased out of Offense", Wes Welker blah, blah, blah.

What a bunch of BS.

Wes Welker caught three passes..... So that troy Brown could retire this week as the WR with the most receptions in Pats history.

Not really groundbreaking. Don't need to be a member of Mensa. Just need to be able separate reality from the phantasy world that most of the football fans / reporters in New England live in.

It was sort of cool that Welker and Brown came into this weekend with virtually identical career statistics. I wonder if Wes is able to attend the induction into the Pats HOF this weekend and maybe make a few comments. I also wonder if Belichick will bench Welker if he makes a few wisecracks that Belichick doesn't like, the old buzz killer.

What a bunch of BS.

You knock conspiracy theories and then crack that old chestnut out?

They don't care one bit about whether he breaks it at home or before or after Troy Brown's induction into the Hall of Fame.

You're telling me if Welker was wide open down the seam or sideline for a SURE TD they wouldn't throw to him on that pretence?

That's horsecrap.

Welker has been amazing for us. Yeah the Superbowl loss definitely stings. That sucked. But 2007 prepared me for that somewhat. Losing the perfect season was far more painful. Tyree's helmet catch? Unbelievable and sickening. Manningham's catch was cleanly made and he just beat the defense on a superior play. Welker's drop? Well it could have sealed the game for us. But it just didn't work out.

The only good thing is that the Patriots core is hungrier than ever after having missed the prize in 2011. I just hope they get another shot at the big prize together. I know they have the talent to get there this year, we just have to see if they can pull it all together. Focus on winning one game at a time and getting favorable, #1 seeding. Then go from there.

wes has been great...love the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye