PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shouldn't Cleveland rest starters this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Why are the Browns double-digit favorites over the red-hot 49ers this week? Whether Cleveland wins or loses has nothing to do with whether they make the playoffs; it's totally dependent on the Titans' outcome. The Browns may have a playoff game in another 6 or 7 days. Why wouldn't they pull the starters early, rest all the banged-up players, etc., making it easy for San Fran to win and drop our draft pick to #9?

Put another way, the Browns have a bye this week! Why play all-out?

I don't know the tie-breaker situation, but I'd imagine if Titans are win-and-in that means they own the 10-6 tie breaker with Cleveland. Would it not stand to reason that if both teams lose Titans would own the 9-7 tie breaker as well?

Thus, Cleveland needs to win and hope for a Titans loss.

I don't know the tie-breaker situation, but I'd imagine if Titans are win-and-in that means they own the 10-6 tie breaker with Cleveland. Would it not stand to reason that if both teams lose Titans would own the 9-7 tie breaker as well?

Thus, Cleveland needs to win and hope for a Titans loss.

no, as it was explained to you, the browns making the playoffs depends totally on what the titans do.

the answer is, as usual, all of these athletes are immature, and they just want to go out and play and pad their stats and make highlight films. they always give lines full of phony excuses about why they're doing things - like pride, or to 'stay fresh' or 'end on a good note'. it's all bull.
like the poster said, if they were smart, they'd sit their starters.
it would be pretty hard to explain if the titans lose, and braylon edwards gets hurt playing a game that meant nothing. but that's how they roll.

I think it must have to do with conference records or something. browns game totally doesn't matter except for their ego's.

that's why pats win.

no, as it was explained to you, the browns making the playoffs depends totally on what the titans do.

the answer is, as usual, all of these athletes are immature, and they just want to go out and play and pad their stats and make highlight films. they always give lines full of phony excuses about why they're doing things - like pride, or to 'stay fresh' or 'end on a good note'. it's all bull.
like the poster said, if they were smart, they'd sit their starters.
it would be pretty hard to explain if the titans lose, and braylon edwards gets hurt playing a game that meant nothing. but that's how they roll.

I think it must have to do with conference records or something. browns game totally doesn't matter except for their ego's.

that's why pats win.

I actually looked this up after posting, and only way Browns win matters is if Titans tie, then Browns get in. So winning would matter in highly unlikely event of a tie.

Strangely, no. I guess that losing to the 49ers is not as harmful as (Tenn) losing within the conference to the Colts. Titans need the in-conference win to have the tiebreaker of conference record over Cleveland.

So anyway, back to the original question....

thats funny, but seeing as to how the browns may need a little confidence boost....i guess beating the 9ers by a lot will have to suffice as it...

thats funny, but seeing as to how the browns may need a little confidence boost....i guess beating the 9ers by a lot will have to suffice as it...
That's basically how I see it. Despite a good record the Browns have only won one game against a team currently over .500 (Seattle) and is coming off a bad loss to Cincy; although the "rest" would probably do them good, they also need to try to convince themselves they are a worthy playoff team - of course this could backfire with SF playing well.

Right, it's just like a faucet, turn it on and off. Simple. Forget that another team holds our fate, just play like we deserve it, and forget quality effort. We can certainly turn it on at any time once the Colts have won, and we find ourselves in a playoff game that means everything. BS.

Romeo knows that with that last game being a weak effort, he'll have his team playing hard and tough. You can't afford to go into the playoffs after a questionable effort in the previous game.

infortunately for Cleveland i think they have lost a big opportunity to reach the play-offs loosing with CIN

now they have only to hope that TEN loose

replying to your question: yes probably they could rest the starters

i think that the Browns have 25%-30% possibilities to reach the wild card spot; not more

i believe that also IND will rest the starters against the Titans; so...not easy for CLE...

pity for our friend Romeo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back