PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shoulda been us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if I was pathetic enough to cry about not winning super bowls on another team's fan forum, I would hope someone would put me out of my misery.

Honestly if I was pathetic enough to cry about not winning super bowls on another team's fan forum, I would hope someone would put me out of my misery.
Believe me, I'm giving A.J. tons of $#!+ on the Chargers fan forum - this year's draft was pretty poor - especially the part about giving our #2 to you guys next year!

I just find it amusing that fans in a sports town as successful and title filled as yours still whine and cry about not winning the title every year.

All I'm saying is that there are a lot of hard core sports fans out here who may never have a championship of our own to celebrate, so be glad that you've got the franchises that you've got. You guys have it incredibly good out there, and most of you don't seem to know it!

You're an idiot.

HOW COME YOU GUYS ARE TALKING LIKE THE PATRIOTS DESERVE TO WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL ON A PATRIOT FORUM. YOU ARENT LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE LIKE ALL THE OTHER TEAMS THAT YOU ARE NOT FANS OF AND PROBABLY DONT EVEN KNOW EXIST DONT THEY DESERVE CHAMPIONSHIPS TOO

Seriously, if you 'find it amusing' that Patriots' fans want their team to win at all costs, then you are really, really, easily amused.

You're an idiot.

HOW COME YOU GUYS ARE TALKING LIKE THE PATRIOTS DESERVE TO WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL ON A PATRIOT FORUM. YOU ARENT LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE LIKE ALL THE OTHER TEAMS THAT YOU ARE NOT FANS OF AND PROBABLY DONT EVEN KNOW EXIST DONT THEY DESERVE CHAMPIONSHIPS TOO

Seriously, if you 'find it amusing' that Patriots' fans want their team to win at all costs, then you are really, really, easily amused.
I'm an idiot?

You didn't even get my point. I'm not saying that you shouldn't WANT your team to win titles every year - you should!

I'm just saying that some (many) of your fans are acting like spoiled rich kids who think they are OWED championships, and whine and complain in those years that titles don't come in.

Have some perspective. I expect you to root for your team and to want them to win championships, but I also expect you to recognize that you are luckier than sports fans in just about every other city in the country. You have it good and yet you still complain.

Hardly anyone on this board seems thankful or appreciative for just how fortunate you are to have had so many titles to enjoy. That's sad, and kind of pathetic.

My perspective is excellent. You're crying about what Patriots' fans think on a Patriots' forum.

You don't like that we feel we deserve to win a championship every year, even though every fan of every team should feel their team deserves to win a championship every year.

The best part is that no one is forcing you to read any of this, yet you do it anyway. And then whine about it.

I'm not denying that there are stupid Pats' fans with no concept of the history of the team, but you easily surpass their idiocy by posting your pathetic crybaby **** here.

Tenfold.

Wow, we have some of the biggest sore losers I have ever seen on this board. It's as bad as Rams fans saying they lost on a fluke field goal. Stop picking at the scab, let it heal, and get ready for this season.

My perspective is excellent. You're crying about what Patriots' fans think on a Patriots' forum.
Fair enough - I'm bringing in baggage from other forums that are general sports forums where Patriots fans post the same **** they do here.

You don't like that we feel we deserve to win a championship every year, even though every fan of every team should feel their team deserves to win a championship every year.
The thing is, you will NEVER read anyone on a Chargers board insinuating that we DESERVE a title every year. Hell, we'd all probably die of shock if we got just one! We think we DESERVE a competitive team every year, and a team that has a SHOT at a title, but to actually win it EVERY year? No one in San Diego is THAT stupid. Or arrogant.

No fans DESERVE their team winning a title every year - most fans go for a decade or two without a sniff of a title in their town, let alone actually winning one. San Diegans have enough class to respect the fact that other fans deserve to have their turn occasionally.

Hell, I rooted for the Patriots against the Bears in the Super Bowl! I rooted for the Red Sox when they won their first World Series in forever. Why? Because I could epathize with their fans. I know what it's like, and wanted to see long time frustrated fans have a chance to celebrate a title!

I rooted for Tampa in the Super Bowl (it was just a bonus that they were playing the Raiders).

Most sports fans out here have the same attitude that I do.

The best part is that no one is forcing you to read any of this, yet you do it anyway. And then whine about it.
Call it culture shock, but I am surprised at the lack of class shown by a lot of Patriots fans. It's basically just a big middle finger and an EFFF YOU to everyone else. And then you cry when you hear that everyone's picking on the Pats and not showing the team or their fans any "respect." (I've read tons of comments about the Patriots not being respected, and the team and their fans getting picked on on a number of boards - both national sports boards and boards for the Boston area.)

I'm not denying that there are stupid Pats' fans with no concept of the history of the team, but you easily surpass their idiocy by posting your pathetic crybaby **** here.

Tenfold.
See, you'll never get it. You are that spoiled rich kid who almost always gets what he wants and complains when he doesn't. That's just pathetic.

It aint crybaby **** - it's frustration and jealousy. Frustration that after my 30 years of following Chargers football (and 40 years since the merger) that we STILL don't have a title (and have had .500 records or below for half of those years). Jealousy that the Pats lucked into Bill Belichick at the right time. Jealousy that the Tom Brady pick turned out to be one of the greatest draft picks of all time. I'll admit it - I wish our franchises were run as well as yours. The Chargers are getting close - close enough to tease the fans into thinking that maybe, just maybe, this time will be different, only to leave the fans even more frustrated and disappointed than before.

And I'd be willing to bet a ton of money that if you were in my position you'd be frustrated and jealous, too. So quit being a hypocrite, on top of everything else, and just accept the fact that you are among the most fortunate group of sports fans in one city EVER.

That's not a bad thing - it's a good thing. For you. You should be happy with the teams you have, and proud that they represent your city & region so well!

Last edited:
No offense kiddo, but I can't imagine a situation where I would be dripping douche all over a forum for a team I don't root for.

Obviously you think everyone should be as jealous and whiny as you and your ilk. It makes you feel better to think everyone is as lame as you.

Thanks for writing 8 paragraphs to let me know that you crap up our boards because "we do it to you", though. I appreciate the candor. Feel free to split this post up into individual sentences so you can respond with as much angst as possible again. I'm actually starting to enjoy this.

love the attitude...we're gonna rule them all.

No offense kiddo, but I can't imagine a situation where I would be dripping douche all over a forum for a team I don't root for.

Obviously you think everyone should be as jealous and whiny as you and your ilk. It makes you feel better to think everyone is as lame as you.

Thanks for writing 8 paragraphs to let me know that you crap up our boards because "we do it to you", though. I appreciate the candor. Feel free to split this post up into individual sentences so you can respond with as much angst as possible again. I'm actually starting to enjoy this.
:rolleyes:

OK, my mistake.

I took you for someone with the tiniest bit of class. Obviously, I was wrong. You're an @$$#o!e.

(But I like how you admit that you don't have the guts to face fans of any other teams on their boards.)

Last edited:
Just be glad you don't live here. We get nothing but frustration as sports fans. Of course, the biggest problem San Diego has as a sports town is all the damned transplants. All the cast-offs from Boston, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, etc, etc, keep coming here and won't go back home. Almost none of them ever root for San Diego teams. Thanks for sending us your cast-offs! :rolleyes:

The Chargers probably will move to L.A. - making things worse.

Shoulda been us... just once before we lose the Bolts.

Ive said it before, and Im sure I'll say it again. The chargers are overrated.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks! That's the funniest thing I've read in a while!

(An overrated team couldn't push the "Best Team Ever" into the late 4th quarter without their starting running back, and with their QB playing on 1/2 a knee in one leg and no knee in the other, and their best receiver too hurt to really play and just acting as a decoy - not to mention their best run stuffer playing on two bad knees. But thanks for the joke! It has HEEE-LARIOUS!)

No jokes here - the Patriots are a great team led by a great coach. Over the last 4 years the teams with the best cumulative records in the NFL are the Patriots, Colts, and Chargers.

At the risk of sounding like a troll, if there was any team deserving of the "overrated" label it's the Patriots.

This thread sucks. Honestly, sometimes I really don't understand the fans that post stupid crap day in and day out.

yeah. they're almost as bad as those of us who read and respond to it. :singing:

No jokes here - the Patriots are a great team led by a great coach. Over the last 4 years the teams with the best cumulative records in the NFL are the Patriots, Colts, and Chargers.

Chargers last 10 seasons = going back from 2007 11 wins, 2006 14 wins, 2005 9 wins, 2004 12 wins, 2003 4 wins, 2002 8 wins, 2001 5 wins, 2000 1 win, 1999 8 wins, 1998 5 wins.

Guess I can see why a Chargers fan only went 4 years back. Very interesting.

At the risk of sounding like a troll, if there was any team deserving of the "overrated" label it's the Patriots.

Try to explain this statement logically. I'll give you a hint, you can't.

Who has overrated the Patriots? Which year? It certainly wasn't LAST year.

I guess when a team has the best regular season record EVER and set the record for most wins in a single season, they're overrated.

Does ANYONE on this board even believe you are a Patriots fan? Or even an intellegent football fan?

No, they do not:rolleyes:

Try to explain this statement logically. I'll give you a hint, you can't.

Who has overrated the Patriots? Which year? It certainly wasn't LAST year.

The Patriots were called "the greatest team of all time". They couldn't even win the Super Bowl. Logical enough for you?

I notice you are going to great lengths to try to convince everyone that I am not a Pats fan - are you trying to cover up your own "troll" status? Maybe.

The Patriots were called "the greatest team of all time". They couldn't even win the Super Bowl. Logical enough for you?

I notice you are going to great lengths to try to convince everyone that I am not a Pats fan - are you trying to cover up your own "troll" status? Maybe.

Actually, I think they were called the greatest offense of all time, and on the doorstep of being considered the greatest team of all time. I don't think anyone conisiders the 07 Pats the greatest team of all time now. But their offense will still be considered one of the best to ever go through a season. The records stand on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes