PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we sign Mike the Brit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further, I understand he had severe disciplinary problems, leading to numerous visits to the headmaster.

Uh-oh. Did he ask for extra pudding?

I don't see he has much upside, he never posted to messageboards in high school. Further, I understand he had severe disciplinary problems, leading to numerous visits to the headmaster.

I though that the well known British *taste* for discipline might work out well for him under this regime.

I though that the well known British *taste* for discipline might work out well for him under this regime.
That only works if Ian takes him to the woodshed.

On another note, I shouldn't need to point out the Len Pasquirelli of the messageboard started this thread. He's very chummy with Mike's agent and never misses a chance to promote Miguel's clients.

(Hat tipped to Gumby and Mike for this one):

Mike has an awesome record of high scoring threads, is mobile, flexible in his choice of targets (taking apart some of the most stubborn posters on here and from other boards), has great word strength, is accurate with his spelling and shows great poise under pressure.
Rumours of sheep enthusiasm, a weakness for warm beer and an unhealthy interest in English Baseball are unfounded. Don't let them put you off. I'd trade a #1 poster (such as Patsnutsme) for him. Just joking "nuts". :D
I seriously think we need to discuss this over a "spot of tea".

Ta Ta and Cheerio!

(Hat tipped to Gumby and Mike for this one):

Mike has an awesome record of high scoring threads, is mobile, flexible in his choice of targets (taking apart some of the most stubborn posters on here and from other boards), has great word strength, is accurate with his spelling and shows great poise under pressure.
Rumours of sheep enthusiasm, a weakness for warm beer and an unhealthy interest in English Baseball are unfounded. Don't let them put you off. I'd trade a #1 poster (such as Patsnutsme) for him. Just joking "nuts". :D

Gawd.....how many days until training camp is it now?? At least the draft is coming....I don't know how many more of these "Tom Brady is going to be a father?"..."Should I get new curtains?" threads I can take....Please....bring on the draft now!!!!...

Gawd.....how many days until training camp is it now?? At least the draft is coming....I don't know how many more of these "Tom Brady is going to be a father?"..."Should I get new curtains?" threads I can take....Please....bring on the draft now!!!!...

Free agency starts in two days, and three hours. Till then, suck it up!

I think Mike The Brit has very substantial "Upside" plus many of the intangibles necessary to be a very long term member of "PatsFans" .I see nothing but unlimited potential.All He needs is a trip to Sean's Bar for the "Initiation Ceremony"!

I'm just bummed out that no one considered my trade...:(

I'm just bummed out that no one considered my trade...:(
And cheat on the Kool-Ade Choir and our own patchick duo with a Titan's fan? Really sleeve, if you want a curvy profile gomezcat can oblige. :eek: I've heard he was one of the original models for the cross your heart "broak".

And cheat on the Kool-Ade Choir and our own patchick duo with a Titan's fan? Really sleeve, if you want a curvy profile gomezcat can oblige. :eek: I've heard he was one of the original models for the cross your heart "broak".

Yeah, but she is the essence of tighness!

AND! I heard she "played ball" in high school, too!

Shirtsleeve, sorry to bring bad news to you bud, but UT just put the
FRANCHISE TAG on VYF, you better check this out. :p

And I thought agents were on TOP of things. :D

Let's not go overboard here.

Sure, he has some good stats, but you have to take into account strength of schedule. Half of his completions are posts about nothing. How would he do in the Politics Forum? Those guys would eat him alive. And what about accuracy? Haven't you noticed that he goes off-topic in an OT thread? I think that he would have big problems without his receivers.

Sometimes I think that you people drink too much Kool-Aid. Ian's not infallible, you know.

I don't see he has much upside, he never posted to messageboards in high school. Further, I understand he had severe disciplinary problems, leading to numerous visits to the headmaster.

Yeah, but those days are behind him. The guy has settled down, showed himself to be a good family man and really keeps an eye on his diet (stays away from Budweiser and Coors, keeps to good beers) and has worked a lot harder on his posting. Some of the postseason shots were some of the most accurate I have ever seen.

Let's not go overboard here.

Sure, he has some good stats, but you have to take into account strength of schedule. Half of his completions are posts about nothing. How would he do in the Politics Forum? Those guys would eat him alive. And what about accuracy? Haven't you noticed that he goes off-topic in an OT thread? I think that he would have big problems without his receivers.

Sometimes I think that you people drink too much Kool-Aid. Ian's not infallible, you know.

IAN ISN'T INFALLIBLE? WTF! IAN IS OUR LEADER AND YOU, PAL, WILL NOT TALK ABOUT HIM IN LESS THAN REVERENTIAL TONES.

:D. Well, I do have to be punished if I am a naughty boy.....

I need to do silly threads some times. At least there was no disguising that fact with the title of this one. ;)

Free Agency is just around the corner. Then there are two months of pre-draft prevarication to look forward to, with the inevitable shock when we draft a QB, DL or TE with the two first round picks.
Then we have the discussion over whom we will steal in the second round of free agency, followed by speculation about which player will have "no way of making this team" prior to TC.
Oh, then a UDFA will appear on the radar, be hailed as the Second Coming of Andre Tippett and will get cut the day after.
We will then dissect every preseason game, concluding that the Pats will go 19-0 or 0-16. Finally, the season, yes the regular season, will start in six months' time. By the third game, calls will have started for the head of Josh Mc D to roll. Every pick thrown by Tom Brady will be analysed as a "baby worries pick".
Oh, what fun!

Shirtsleeve, sorry to bring bad news to you bud, but UT just put the
FRANCHISE TAG on VYF, you better check this out. :p

And I thought agents were on TOP of things. :D

I thought chiefsgal had that tag! Damn PFT and their lousy rumors!

I think we should pull out all the stops for Mike.

;)

The Patriots sign a Brit? Have we forgotten our history? WTF? These red coats were the enemy of our Patriot forefathers.

No offense, Mike, you seem like a nice guy. Bloody hell, my Dad was born and raised in the east end of London. But as a native New Englander, I must protest this proposed outrage.

Call me a xenophobe but we must honor the passion of the past Pat Patriots.

Brits out!!

The Patriots sign a Brit? Have we forgotten our history? WTF? These red coats were the enemy of our Patriot forefathers.

No offense, Mike, you seem like a nice guy. Bloody hell, my Dad was born and raised in the east end of London. But as a native New Englander, I must protest this proposed outrage.

Call me a xenophobe but we must honor the passion of the past Pat Patriots.

Brits out!!

Forefathers? Forefathers!

As far as I can tell, the forefathers of half the posters on this board were freezing their butts in some shtetl practising for Fiddler on the Roof (with mine) at the time, or trotting around a god-forsaken Irish bog (with Gomez's). Of course, there may be a few elite types whose great-great-great-great granddaddies shipped Seymour, Wilfork and Warren's great-great-great-great granddaddies to America, but if they want to make an issue of it, I suggest they take it up with them directly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes