Should we sign Mike the Brit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomezcat

Grumpy Englishman.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
(Hat tipped to Gumby and Mike for this one):

Mike has an awesome record of high scoring threads, is mobile, flexible in his choice of targets (taking apart some of the most stubborn posters on here and from other boards), has great word strength, is accurate with his spelling and shows great poise under pressure.
Rumours of sheep enthusiasm, a weakness for warm beer and an unhealthy interest in English Baseball are unfounded. Don't let them put you off. I'd trade a #1 poster (such as Patsnutsme) for him. Just joking "nuts". :D

um dude, the other thread was funny and original.

um dude, the other thread was funny and original.

That was deep Hitler. Do you consider your job to be the poster police?

God help this site if someone ever makes a mistake and makes you a Mod.

That was deep Hitler. Do you consider your job to be the poster police?

God help this site if someone ever makes a mistake and makes you a Mod.

Oh look more crap. Now I understand why brown is in your ID.

God help you to actually post something that is not CRAP.

Can we get this thread back up on topic please? We have much to discuss.

I'll be the first to say I haven't seen second one of film on Brit, and coming in he was bit unheralded, but he's done nothing but produce since his rookie year in 2004, working his way up from the practice squad to the starting lineup at the very difficult position of outside slacker, and I think he has the post/private mesage numbers to make the move to inside slacker with a bit more experience. He's a little passive and doesn't really get after people, but he's a good lockerroom - I mean messageboard - guy. I can see Ian falling in love this poster. We should extend his contract here.

Can we get this thread back up on topic please? We have much to discuss.

I'll be the first to say I haven't seen second one of film on Brit, and coming in he was bit unheralded, but he's done nothing but produce since his rookie year in 2004, working his way up from the practice squad to the starting lineup at the very difficult position of outside slacker, and I think he has the post/private mesage numbers to make the move to inside slacker with a bit more experience. He's a little passive and doesn't really get after people, but he's a good lockerroom - I mean messageboard - guy. I can see Ian falling in love this poster. We should extend his contract here.

that was pretty original for someone who is so unoriginal

What about his intangibles and upside? Can we fit him in under the cap? Does he have an arrest record? I'm not sure we know enough about this guy to risk it.

This just in...PFT is reporting that vinceyoungfan is very "unsatisfied" and is looking for "the big payday"! While her "experience" can be called into question, there is no doubt that she has all the "talent" and "moves" to bring out "big things" for our board. Should we consider a trade for Mike?
Thoughts?

Just read in the other thread that Brit is under investigation by the INS! :eek:

Scratch another name off the list I guess. If it's true, I don't think we could get anything in trade with the Titans' messageboard either, not even a Pacman avatar.

Just read in the other thread that Brit is under investigation by the INS! :eek:

Scratch another name off the list I guess. If it's true, I don't think we could get anything in trade with the Titans' messageboard either, not even a Pacman avatar.

Those accusations have been made before...

I was going to mention, considering her fan allegience, a "straight up", "one on one" deal might not be possible and some sort of "three way" may be in order!

edit: Also, I know how these flashy free agents want someone to "show them some love". In this case I think we should "raise up" and "give it to her".

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think we should pull out all the stops for Mike.

As a Brit he obviously has massive potential for us on STs. It is well known that Brits have infallible kicking legs (see Smith, J Luckhurst, M) and if, heaven help us, there should be a problem with the Gost, MtB could surely be counted on to kick all necessary FGs from the 4 yard line and punt the consistency and power of the great Brooks Barnard. ;)

Ian is cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He doesn't sign anybody in FA for patsfans. :mad:

Ian is cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He doesn't sign anybody in FA for patsfans. :mad:

You're right. We should sack his ass and get Dan Snyder. :eek:

I think we should pull out all the stops for Mike.

As a Brit he obviously has massive potential for us on STs. It is well known that Brits have infallible kicking legs (see Smith, J Luckhurst, M) and if, heaven help us, there should be a problem with the Gost, MtB could surely be counted on to kick all necessary FGs from the 4 yard line and punt the consistency and power of the great Brooks Barnard. ;)

I disagree. I think we should "pull the trigger" on this deal. I think we could look forward to a "happy ending" for us all!:D

(Hat tipped to Gumby and Mike for this one):

Mike has an awesome record of high scoring threads, is mobile, flexible in his choice of targets (taking apart some of the most stubborn posters on here and from other boards), has great word strength, is accurate with his spelling and shows great poise under pressure.
Rumours of sheep enthusiasm, a weakness for warm beer and an unhealthy interest in English Baseball are unfounded. Don't let them put you off. I'd trade a #1 poster (such as Patsnutsme) for him. Just joking "nuts". :D

Do I get to date Gisele Bundchen? Her mother? Her grandmother? Yes, I see ...

Err, ummm, sorry Mike for my attempts to pull off this trade, but you are one of the few posters here who can command such a high value to make this trade possible. You have been a valuable member of our organization, and should this trade fall through, I hope we can continue to expect great things from you in the future.:p

A few additional points:

* No need to worry about him getting flagged for taunting, Brits are too polite.

* With his "stiff upper lip," he will save the team money on mouthguards.

* He should be able to play well in the fog.

* If he plays defense, he'll be very familiar with Big Ben.

Scratch another name off the list I guess. ...

No, that's alright. INS doesn't hassle anybody.
But watch out, if that's a typo and it's really the IRS Mike may have offended!

Since you all seem hesitant to "grasp" things, here's a quick highlight:
oops, something wrong with the highlight tape machine, I'll be back with a transcript

"I voted for.....

Toys! Toys! Lots of freaky toys! "

here's an excerpt from the transcript. The rest, well....

And the bio:
http://www.myspace.com/jesska0018

Last edited:
I don't see he has much upside, he never posted to messageboards in high school. Further, I understand he had severe disciplinary problems, leading to numerous visits to the headmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes