PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we have any interest in Ocho Cinco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: :deadhorse:

hasnt this already been discussed MANY times?

He would have to be REAL cheap, and not mind catching many balls, because we already have alot of WR's. Lets focus on D.

Last edited:
Moss, Welker, and JAGs is one of the very best receiving corps in the league.

If Joey Galloway turns out to still have it somewhat, Moss, Welker, and Galloway will be one of the very best receiving corps in the history of football.

Brady his a history of being quite productive even w/o top receivers.

I think there are number of other positions that could use the investment more.

I like him, and so does Belichick. If Cinci is willing to deal him for a reasonable amount then please make this happen. They need one more receiver on this team, and I'd rather have him then a rookie.

What I like about him is his work ethic. I remember watching a special about wide receivers that featured him (could've been from NFL Films). This guy sleeps at the stadium sometimes cause he watches so much damn film. He wants to be the best of all time. He's wasting away in Cinci.

As long as this kind of move doesn't interfere with Taylor or Peppers signing, then I'm all for it.

While we're at it, we can pick up Anquan Boldin, Braylon Edwards, and Torry Holt. Let's trade all of our excess draft picks for these guys. It would be like the NBA all star game with not enough balls to go around. :rolleyes:

Only if we can call him Chad Johnson and not Ocho-Sinko.

and not mind catching many balls, because we already have alot of WR's. Lets focus on D.

We throw the ball 550 times a year. If Chad Johnson is the #3, hes getting 100+ balls tossed his way.

I don't think it's the cost in draft picks, it's the salary cap space.

Plus he's something of a malcontent. Maybe he won't get enough balls thrown his way and he'll start to stink it up. There's a reason he's called Ocho Stinko, isn't there?

I don't think it's the cost in draft picks, it's the salary cap space.

Plus he's something of a malcontent. Maybe he won't get enough balls thrown his way and he'll start to stink it up. There's a reason he's called Ocho Stinko, isn't there?

The reason he's called Ocho Stinko (by some) is because he likes the spotlight, and there is a small subset of fans that don't like entertainment in sports.

Seriously, how often does he complain about wanting more balls? I remember a game about 3 or 4 years ago where he got no balls thrown his way and he was happy cause they won. The next week the same thing happened but they lost and he was pissed. What's wrong with that? That looks like a team player and leader to me. He wants to win more then anything, but if they lose and he's not involved then he's pissed because maybe they could've won if he was involved. You want that passion and confidence in a receiver.

The last 3 seasons TJ Houshmandzadeh caught more balls then Chad Ocho Cinco. Surely you can find 2 quotes with him complaining about wanting the ball more?

I will agree that he's a malcontent...during the offseason. He does everything he can to get out of Cincinatti. So what? Can you blame him? Reminds me of a HOF receiver on the Pats... But, unlike #81, he shows up during the season. He played last year with a messed up shoulder, but no one gives him praise for being a team player or warrior.

I will agree that he's a malcontent...during the offseason. He does everything he can to get out of Cincinatti. So what? Can you blame him? Reminds me of a HOF receiver on the Pats... But, unlike #81, he shows up during the season. He played last year with a messed up shoulder, but no one gives him praise for being a team player or warrior.

He's a lot like Moss: He's a malcontent because his team's management is incompetent. I don't see a problem with that. I've quit jobs because my boss was an idiot. NFL players don't have that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back