PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we have any interest in Ocho Cinco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I see he is a no show in workouts and asking for a trade.
Would a 2nd be woth it?
thanks

I see he is a no show in workouts and asking for a trade.
Would a 2nd be woth it?
thanks

No way. He makes too much for starters and second, he's a cancer. Like Owens and Cutler. I don't think BB would want him even if we could afford him. good question tho, I mean his talent would be great accross from moss.... but with our picks, I think we can get a sleeper for cheap.

No way. He makes too much for starters and second, he's a cancer. Like Owens and Cutler. I don't think BB would want him even if we could afford him. good question tho, I mean his talent would be great accross from moss.... but with our picks, I think we can get a sleeper for cheap.

OK, no. Cutler is a douchebag, but not a cancer. Owens, I would agree with.

Johnson is a performer in a questionable organization. This kind of labelling won't fly wrt Chad, imo.

Overpriced, maybe, but the rest of it doesn't cause me a concern. He would likely beat out JG for the job and be a longer term solution.

Johnson is a performer in a questionable organization. This kind of labelling won't fly wrt Chad, imo.

Overpriced, maybe, but the rest of it doesn't cause me a concern. He would likely beat out JG for the job and be a longer term solution.

Ok, I agree with everything you said, he can make a big impact on our team. but do you know how much he's due to make? Miguel only shows 3.75M left and we still need LB's. I just don't know if he is an option without someone being let go..

Ok, I agree with everything you said, he can make a big impact on our team. but do you know how much he's due to make? Miguel only shows 3.75M left and we still need LB's. I just don't know if he is an option without someone being let go..

he changed it to $4m of cap space. my bad

Here we go again :rollseyes:

IF we can get johnson for a one strike your out Randy deal, Then I think its worth a second rounder.

IF we can get johnson for a one strike your out Randy deal, Then I think its worth a second rounder.

That's what I was thinking. Don't know if BB has any interest.
thanks

Bengal Salaries 08rev for web.xls

I just looked it up. He is due to make 6.3M with $3M base salary. We would have to reework a couple of deals or let someone go. So it would be 2 picks AND whoever we let go to make it work, if that happens. So is that worth it?

Plus, do we tie up too much money to get a guy like Taylor or Peppers by aquiring 85??

Remaining dollars have to spent on the defensive side of the ball. There are several excellent receivers out there, such as Holt as well as Johnson, but money is best spent elsewhere. Jason Taylor, where are you?

NO! We shouldn't tough him with a 10-foot pole.:nono:

No way, Galloway will have a very good season in single coverage.
Moss, Welker, Galloway ...... just AWESOME.

No. This is not fantasy football. While the guy clearly has skills, our offense is not the problem these days. With Moss, Welker, JG and Lewis, I think we're gonna be just fine at the WR position.

Doesn't matter what you guys think if BB likes him (which he's shown signs of, unless he was just humoring him) and he could be fitted under the cap.

STOP, with all these offensive players. we are set on offense. we need a pass rusher! we need an ILB to take over teddy's spot when he retires. We need to get 1 more CB and 1 SS. The only offensive player i could see us getting is a O-line man.

JSn - Johnson is all about himself. Well, at least that is what his antics come across ass. From the Gold veneers on his teeth, to his on field antics, to his name change. They are all done to bring attention to himself. They do nothing to help his team. And that is the issue.

I like him, and think he would be really good in this offense, but, purely as a product of salary cap space, I don't see how it could work.

Who wants that cancer in the clubhouse? He's a self centered, self promoting moron. The Pats do not need more offense. Their defense was what let them down last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down