PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we go after Cato June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phokus

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Isn't he a free agent after this year? I think he'd fit perfectly with us. We could have him play ILB... maybe have junior seau come back another year and have him play on running downs while June plays passing downs. Maybe even try June out at strong safety (didn't he play that in college?). I think he could be had for not too much money with all the big name LB's coming out in free agency.

Plus he can spill the beans on the colts' offense :D

Isn't he a free agent after this year? I think he'd fit perfectly with us. We could have him play ILB... maybe have junior seau come back another year and have him play on running downs while June plays passing downs. Maybe even try June out at strong safety (didn't he play that in college?). I think he could be had for not too much money with all the big name LB's coming out in free agency.

Plus he can spill the beans on the colts' offense :D

I'd take Bob Sanders from the Colts and pass on Cato June.

I'd pass on both. Both players are too small. In fact, June would have a better shot at playing safety with us than LB. I think when Sanders is on the field, he is an All Pro. The problem is he hits like Harrison or Dawkins, but is a tiny guy. He has never played a full season and has missed 23 out of 44 games in his career because of injuries. The guy is on track for a very short career.

June is a borderline thug. I don't like his attitude on the field with all the ****yness and showboating. He's not a Patriots type player. No thanks.

I agrree on sanders the guy plays alot bigger than his size and will be hurt a lot, cato is the size of a safty. take freeney and make him an olb in our 3-4 system

June is a borderline thug. I don't like his attitude on the field with all the ****yness and showboating. He's not a Patriots type player. No thanks.

You couldn't be more off-base. I've known Cato now for 8 years. He's ****y and confident on the field, however off the field you will find few who work harder than Cato, or have the desire to succeed. Cato is a great teammate, and a leader in the lockerroom. He has fun on the field, but earns the respect of players off the field, too. Instead of going out and drinking, and goofing off over the summer, Cato was down at football lifting and working on technique early every morning. I can't think of anything better than signing Cato.

I'll take your word for it, but it's worth noting he was arrested in Sept. for failing to appear in court on a driving with a suspended license charge. I wonder why his license was suspended?

You couldn't be more off-base. I've known Cato now for 8 years. He's ****y and confident on the field, however off the field you will find few who work harder than Cato, or have the desire to succeed. Cato is a great teammate, and a leader in the lockerroom. He has fun on the field, but earns the respect of players off the field, too. Instead of going out and drinking, and goofing off over the summer, Cato was down at football lifting and working on technique early every morning. I can't think of anything better than signing Cato.

You know him in real life?

I would take either of those guys - ESPECIALLY Bob Sanders. F his size, he plays big like Rodney.

bob isnt a FA..Cato will and hes too small for a 3-4 but there was an article that BB looks into smaller guys a lot and doesnt always matter..if a player is good and works hard with dedication..BB will take him. imo..Briggs will leave and Chicago might bring in June whos also a Tampa 2 OLB

Sanders would be a nice pickup...made Pro Bowl last year...hes very very fast and very hard hitter. dont know about his coverage but if he was avaible..im sure BB would make a move or at least we would hope

Colts FA
SpinFreeney
Cato June

NO ! Absolutely NOT !!

Only the deluded Clots think they can play a slow safety as a fast LB, and get away with it. We have three safeties on our roster Harrison, Tebucky and Mitchell, that are bigger and faster than Cato June. If we had wanted to play a June-sized guy at LB, we don't have to look elsewhere; they are already here.

Sanders is a terrific midget. But he IS a MIDGET! 5'6" 185 # SS don't cut it. He plays hard one game and then recuperates for four or five games. Its not what you need. Only the Polian & Dungy BrainRust thinks that he is a solution.:bricks:

I saw on tv this past weekend he weighs only 209 tho he is listed as 227.

I think he'd struggle taking on guards head to head. That's pretty light

NO ! Absolutely NOT !!

Only the deluded Clots think they can play a slow safety as a fast LB, and get away with it. We have three safeties on our roster Harrison, Tebucky and Mitchell, that are bigger and faster than Cato June. If we had wanted to play a June-sized guy at LB, we don't have to look elsewhere; they are already here.

Sanders is a terrific midget. But he IS a MIDGET! 5'6" 185 # SS don't cut it. He plays hard one game and then recuperates for four or five games. Its not what you need. Only the Polian & Dungy BrainRust thinks that he is a solution.:bricks:
According to Colts fans he is the only thing holding that front seven together.

But I agree, not a fit for the Pats scheme.

EDIT: talking about Cato June

Last edited:
Good player, doesnt fit our system.

hell ya!

let's take Bob Sanders!!

After all--he's played in 24 games in 3 seasons!!!!

and Cato June!!!!

a 227lb OLB with 0.5 sacks and 52 games in 4 years!!!!!!!!

---------------------

on second thought...let's not let our offseason hard-on for free agents involve anything from Indy not named Wayne, Harrison or perhaps Stokely, mmmkay?

sweet

(ooo--how bout Dex Reid or that Klecko kid?)

June would be terrible in our system.
Doesnt mean he sucks, but what he does well is avoid blockers (and the Colts system sets that up for him) and run.
Here he must take on blockers, and he would get eaten alive.

Just like Freeney. We dont have a position on our defense than June fits. We could have one for Freeney, but it would be OLB, and and he would need 5 years of practice to learn that there is something called the run that you are supposed to defend.
Playing Dwight Freeney at DE in our 3-4, orJune at OLB, would be the equivalent of playing Maroney at G on offense.

june would be nice addition.

I agrree on sanders the guy plays alot bigger than his size and will be hurt a lot, cato is the size of a safty. take freeney and make him an olb in our 3-4 system

Interesting idea. But Freeney is a Johnny one-note pass rusher. The first tackle that he makes as a Pats LB against the run, will be the first time he has tackled a RB in his entire career!

No THANKS! They can keep all of those T-U-R-K-E-Y-S!

Rather have Lance Briggs. But dunno how much that would cost... sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down