PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we be embarrassed w/ the Vinateri situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brarrell said:
We were told by Jonathan Kraft they would be players in free agency this year. We are the #1 or #2 revenue team in the NFL. We are atleast 18 mil under the cap. We have the highest ticket prices in the NFL. Value keeps getting thrown in our face but what if whats left on the market isn't worth it then what? We do what Minn. and Cleve. did this year and play the games while your 15 mil under the cap. As a season ticket holder I'm getting annoyed you can't keep low balling players it will catch up to you eventually. There will be a day and a time when things aren't going to be so good and demand for the product won't nearly be what it is now. Brady is coming into his prime yet we let weapons go so if we had to play a game today Branch and Bethel Johnson are the starting wide outs. BB & Pioli are only playing the game with the cards they are dealt with and I believe the Krafts are behind the money they don't like paying bonus money because that comes right out of their own pockets. If you remember they even hassled Brady during contract negotiations they are ball busters but it will eventually come back to haunt them and they will lose BB & Pioli.

1st off, the season doesn't start this Sunday. In fact, its about 5 months away.

2ndly, How long have you been a season ticket holder? A year? Lucky you. If you hate it so bad, there are 60,000 other people who'd be happy if you gave up your tickets.

3rd, The Patriots have spent to the cap every year since BB got here. EVERY YEAR.

4th, As a season ticket holder, you are absolutely CLUELESS as to how the Patriots the Patriots handle their negotiations. You are CLUELESS as to whether or not the Patriots low-balled anyone in negotiations.

BOO HOO. The Patriots didn't over-pay for David Givens to stay.
BOO HOO. The Patriots didn't over-pay for any of the free agents they have talked to.

For you to sit there and be complaining because, GOD FORBID, the Pats haven't signed a free agent after 4 days of Free Agency shows that you have no respect for how this team works.

Brarrell said:
if we had to play a game today Branch and Bethel Johnson are the starting wide outs.

I've been a Pats fan for as long as i've been a Red Sox fan, so about 16ish years now, but around 2002 I started hanging out at a Red Sox forum, and since then i've seen people say the same ridiculous type of thing every off-season because they're in a full blown panic we don't have a full roster before the winter meetings begin. Then during the season I get to listen to them complain about this and that and anything possible. That has really made it hard to enjoy baseball seasons.

I avoided Patriots forums because I was scared even though we have one of the best front offices in all of sports, and one of the classiest coaches who floods his roster with classy and talented players, i'd still see people saying the same type of nonsense I see on the Red Sox forum, and didn't want to take the fun out of Patriots off-season, and in-seasons.

So i'm not going to check this forum all too much because I don't want to take the enjoyment out of the Patriots that has happened with the Sox. I just wanted to say, enjoy the team. We have a great team, had an amazing run, and will continue to be a competitive / fun team as long as Kraft is controlling the team, and BB/SP are making roster moves.

Maybe we won't win for another 3-4 years, maybe 10 years, or maybe this season, but the last thing i'll be able to stomach is to see Patriots fans start acting like Yankee / Sox fans (who sadly act somewhat similar lately). It's bad enough fans from around the league don't like the Pats simply because we've dominated so much lately, but let's not give them more of a reason and act like spoiled fans.

Sorry for my rant, it isn't entirely directed at you, just at the certain tone i've picked up from a few people.

BelichickFan said:
LMAO, we'd have no placekicker either. We are screwed for this Sunday's game :eek:

One word...........dropkicks. :D

smg93 said:
sorry, he's a free agent too. :D

Damn!

Well Brady can punt. Maybe...........

Embarrassed???? Sorry I do NOT get it all..embarrassed?? That actually seems almost laughable...from what many have speculated, the offer made was the highest of any kicker in the league..THAT is hardly an embarrassment...FAR from it. I do NOT think it was in any way a bad offer.
I think and believe AV wanted to test the waters of free agency..Anf tehre is nothing wrong with that..he did not accept the offer..How embarrassed is he by that?? I like Adam and hope he will be back, but I do not feel that the team should be embarrassed by an offer that pays him the most of all kickers.
That simply makes no sense.

No.

The NFL is a business.

If anyone does not like the way the NFL conducts its business, I suggest to them not to follow the NFL during its offseason.

Brarrell said:
We were told by Jonathan Kraft they would be players in free agency this year. We are the #1 or #2 revenue team in the NFL. We are atleast 18 mil under the cap. We have the highest ticket prices in the NFL. Value keeps getting thrown in our face but what if whats left on the market isn't worth it then what? We do what Minn. and Cleve. did this year and play the games while your 15 mil under the cap. As a season ticket holder I'm getting annoyed you can't keep low balling players it will catch up to you eventually. There will be a day and a time when things aren't going to be so good and demand for the product won't nearly be what it is now. Brady is coming into his prime yet we let weapons go so if we had to play a game today Branch and Bethel Johnson are the starting wide outs. BB & Pioli are only playing the game with the cards they are dealt with and I believe the Krafts are behind the money they don't like paying bonus money because that comes right out of their own pockets. If you remember they even hassled Brady during contract negotiations they are ball busters but it will eventually come back to haunt them and they will lose BB & Pioli.

Good. Give up your season tickets so another person who appreciates how this team is run can have them.

And BTW, the Pats aren't playing today. We still have six months for that and I'm pretty sure they will find a receiver or two by then.

Didn't we offer him a contract that would have kept him the highest paid in NFL? So now he wants to see what other teams might offer? What's the big deal?

patsox23 said:
Also, it's like FIVE DAYS into free agency. The Patriots are not one of the teams F-ing up right now. They're one of the few - along with Indy, Steelers, Philly (see a trend?) - being SMART about FA.

Relax.
God, that is such a good point. Not said NEARLY enough these days, as obvious as it is. What do all those teams have in common? Meanwhile, the big March winners - what do THEY have in common?

they are ball busters but it will eventually come back to haunt them and they will lose BB & Pioli.

Ah, yes, the 'eventually' lobby. Borges is on his seventh year of saying 'eventually', by the way. And 'eventually', he'll be right.

Last edited:
Brarrell said:

CryBaby2.gif

Makes us all yearn for the Sullivans and Victor Kiam.

With what I'm reading this morning about how much $ he wants, maybe it's Adam who should be a little embarassed.Hmmm...?

CrazyDave said:
With what I'm reading this morning about how much $ he wants, maybe it's Adam who should be a little embarassed.Hmmm...?

absolutely

Flying Fungi said:
I root for a team.

Not the team's front office handling of offseason contract negotiations.
?????

The team is built by the front office negotiating contracts during the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back