PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the superbowl be moved to Saturday?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the superbowl be moved to Saturday?

• Yes

Votes: 74 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 48 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Goodell changes the playoffs system to stop allowing the Giants and other lucky or mediocre teams to make the Super Bowl and cause undeserved upsets I don't care when they play.

They can play on a monday and I'd be fine with it. Make it happen Goodell. One good thing you can do before you leave is round-robin playoffs or bust.

A piece of friendly advice from someone who actually tried to take your points seriously in the thread you started on this topic:

You can start as many threads as you want on a point that is of particular interest to you but that others might find off-base or annoying. If a lot of us play along and engage you in a debate in that thread, that's on us, even if we look back and feel like fools for having done so; no one forced us to reply in the first place and we can't complain. Fair enough.

But, I advise you not to start hijacking other threads to keep making that point and push it in people's faces. People who act like that on a regular basis don't last very long here before a critical mass of folks start flagging their posts and threads to the Moderators. The fact that your thread was moved off the main board is not a good sign already.

Your point was amply debated in the other thread. It's time to give it a rest.

Yeah but I am sure quite a few people want to enjoy some food and alcohol to go along with the party. And it would be nice to be able to stay out late after the SB to celebrate after the game without having to set your alarm to 5 AM. Of course I could have and should have taken a vacation day this monday but I completely forgot.
Anyone but me remember when the Super Bowl was actually about a football game to determine the champion of the National Football League? Those were some great days! That was before the Super Bowl was turned into some even that was meant to cater to everyone from people looking for an excuse to get drunk to people who only care about commercials (??) to mediots whining about how they should only have to go to San Diego or New Orleans.

Last edited:
saturday is for amateurs and thursday night football.

Anyone but me remember when the Super Bowl was actually about a football game to determine the champion of the National Football League? Those were some great days! That was before the Super Bowl was turned into some even that was meant to cater to everyone from people looking for an excuse to get drunk to people who only care about commercials (??) to mediots whining about how they should only have to go to San Diego or New Orleans.

Honestly, I don't remember those days.

The best weekend of football is the divisional round and then the conference championship. Even the regular season is pretty damn good.

The Superbowl is more like a holiday, moving it to Saturday would make it easier to "enjoy" ourselves without feeling like junk on Monday.

Absolutely not. NFL football is a Sunday game and I would hate to see it moved to Saturday for the Championship.

As long as Goodell changes the playoffs system to stop allowing the Giants and other lucky or mediocre teams to make the Super Bowl and cause undeserved upsets I don't care when they play.

They can play on a monday and I'd be fine with it. Make it happen Goodell. One good thing you can do before you leave is round-robin playoffs or bust.

They should just get rid of the playoffs and allow the ESPN crew to name their favorite team the Champion.

The NFL has it all wrong allowing teams to play for the championship. The NCAA has it right, no playoffs just opinions to name the champ. Awesome, opinions are all that really matter, actually winning is meaningless.

Actually, I wished they'd move one of the Conference Championship games to Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back