PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats throw game X? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Should we lose the Jets game?

How old are you? 10? This is absurd. Get a clue.

Let's lose them all, not make the playoffs, and get their 1st back.....It's all about the draft picks...to hell with making history!

The Pats could try t lose that game deliberately and still end up winning.

That's how much the Jets suck.

:D

How old are you? 10? This is absurd. Get a clue.

Nope not 10, and its not absurd, absurd is assuming the Patriots don't think about things like this. The threw the Miami game a few years back to get a better match up, and make sure they wouldn't get anyone hurt. If the game doesn't matter in the standings why not.

Where do you come up with all this garbage? Do you really think that the team thinks these things your spouting off about? Come back to earth..:help:

However, you may be correct that we couldn't possibly lose the game anyway.

Belichek wouldn't throw this game even if Goodell promised to behead Mangina at the half, and publicly admit the overblown nature of spygate.

Pats have to go with what they know, and they know that they can beat the Jets and help ensure the best record for the playoffs. The only teams who care where they're drafting in 2008 are the worst teams in the league, because their seasons are over.

Pats will worry about next year, next year. :cool:

Re: Would we ever throw our Week 14 Steelers game?

This is a ridiculous idea. And you heard it on a Colts message board? Man, they really are paranoid! Both the Steelers and Colts have two losses, and as of now Pittsburgh holds the tie breaker as one of their losses was to an NFC team. But the Colts should be worried about even making the playoffs. With Harrison injured (and of course, that is the reasoning for them losing two games) they are toast anyway, according to the "excusemongers". I think they are finally realizing they are a "one and done" champion, and it must be making them sick to watch NE roll! But in any case, no way would BB ever throw a game for any reason!

:rolleyes:

While I don't see BB ever "throwing" a game, I think that thanks to Shula's verbal diarrhea the Pats have been given even more incentive to run the table. The Lombardi is the goal, but the opportunity to kick the naysayers in the teeth one more time might just keep the focus right through the end.

Just as the Pats will play a full 60 minutes of football regardless of how the opposition plays, they will play all 16 regular season games with the same fervor.

Belichek wouldn't throw this game even if Goodell promised to behead Mangina at the half, and publicly admit the overblown nature of spygate.
I thought you were going to say the Patriots would never throw a game, ever, if for no other reason than spygate this year. If it ever got out, they could have players and coach (that's Bill Belichick) barred for life, like what happened to the 1919 White Sox.

Aren't there mods that can lock a thread this absurd?

I thought you were going to say the Patriots would never throw a game, ever, if for no other reason than spygate this year. If it ever got out, they could have players and coach (that's Bill Belichick) barred for life, like what happened to the 1919 White Sox.

Aren't there mods that can lock a thread this absurd?

I'm trying to figure out what thread could be stoopid enough to merge with this.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back