PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats Move Price ahead of Ocho?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Pats move Price ahead of Ocho?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only place where people want to do big changes to something that is giving us victory so we can try something. If it does not work and we loss 1 games that is fine ....:eek:

similar to
ridley is better than benny as he has less carry and man vareen is better than both as we have not seen him play yet in regular season,so he is definitely better.

True. Potential trumps experience b/c it hasn't disappointed us yet. Chad Out-of-sync-o might contribute, though now that we're in Week 6 we're getting close to Joey Galloway territory. :eek:

we just need him to be a better threat/better production than brandon tate gave us last year

Well Brandon had 24 catches for 432 yards and 3 tds in 2010
Brandon Tate NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Ocho currently has 9 for 136 in 5 games. With 11 games left, that mean's he's on pace for 29 catches and 435 yards. So that would be 3 yards more for Ocho than Tate assuming he keeps up this exact same pace. Umm yeah, I think he needs to pick up the pace, LOL.

Let's get Chad a TD catch this week!!!

Taylor Price has only been active for one game this year and cant even beat out Julian Edelman who i am a fan of but only has 3 rec for 25 yards, i know as fans we allways have hope for the young guy to step up and set the NFL on fire but if he was good a nuff to be on the field BB would have played him a long time ago

Taylor Price has only been active for one game this year and cant even beat out Julian Edelman who i am a fan of but only has 3 rec for 25 yards, i know as fans we allways have hope for the young guy to step up and set the NFL on fire but if he was good a nuff to be on the field BB would have played him a long time ago

Price's "competition" isn't Edleman. They're two different receivers playing two different roles on the team.

It's Ocho's active roster spot that's generally in Price's way as both are what we hope could be deep threat role players - and as the Ocho backers point out, we could have Ocho sit out the entire game and you'd not notice his absence.

And yet, suggest that someone else have a chance to fill Ocho's minimal role, and you'd think they're suggesting benching Brady for Hoyer.

I remember a similar "debate" when people pointed out that BJGE couldn't even make the active roster and that Maroney shouldn't be benched to give the kid a chance.

I'm with the camp that supports the "radical" idea that its not going to hurt the team to sit Ocho for a few games to see whether Price's flashes of potential can develop further.

Belichick will go by what he sees in games and practice and put the guy on the field he thinks gives the team the best chance of winning on game day, and the long term. No question he wants to give Chad a chance to turn things around - but there's no question, signing him for nearly $6 million for one season, even Belichick's patience must be wearing thin.

Last edited:
The harm is having the better player on the bench while the worse player is on the field. If Price had shown enough in practice to be on the field, he would be on the field.

True, but theres also truth that Ocho is playing because hes pulling down 5 mil this season. There would also be a media ***** storm if Ocho was pulled for Price.

I want to see both succeed.

Price's "competition" isn't Edleman. They're two different receivers playing two different roles on the team.

It's Ocho's active roster spot that's generally in Price's way as both are what we hope could be deep threat role players - and as the Ocho backers point out, we could have Ocho sit out the entire game and you'd not notice his absence.

And yet, suggest that someone else have a chance to fill Ocho's minimal role, and you'd think they're suggesting benching Brady for Hoyer.

I remember a similar "debate" when people pointed out that BJGE couldn't even make the active roster and that Maroney shouldn't be benched to give the kid a chance.

I'm with the camp that supports the "radical" idea that its not going to hurt the team to sit Ocho for a few games to see whether Price's flashes of potential can develop further.

Belichick will go by what he sees in games and practice and put the guy on the field he thinks gives the team the best chance of winning on game day, and the long term. No question he wants to give Chad a chance to turn things around - but there's no question, signing him for nearly $6 million for one season, even Belichick's patience must be wearing thin.

he's been inactive for 19 out of the 21 games he's been with the team right now BB does not think he's a good a nuff player to have any meaningful roll on this team, im all for them benching Ocho if that means Price will become the Deep threat this team is missing but i dont see it happening

I'll be interested to see supporter sentiment if Ocho puts up a Welker game with the Patriots sooner or later.

Price should definitely get more snaps, but he shouldn't start until he earns it.

if you are looking for a roster spot after the Dallas game for, say, Faulk, weak productivity out of Ocho/Price spot would have to be one of the considerations.

I don't really want to see Price play at the expense of Ocho unless he specifically brings something to the table that Ocho can't. However I would like to see Price instead of Slater or Edelman at WR.

I don't really want to see Price play at the expense of Ocho unless he specifically brings something to the table that Ocho can't. However I would like to see Price instead of Slater or Edelman at WR.

Edelman returns punts and Slater is a stud on special teams, he isn't going to replace them. This thread just keeps getting better and better.

I like Ocho, I think he has great hands and great feet. I think I know what he brings to the table, and I'm sure he will get to the point where he will be able to bring more to the table as the season goes on. BUT... I think it's time to up the PRICE! At least for a few games. He hasn't gotten a chance to play with Brady much, I would like to see what he brings, even if it's taking some reps from Branch as well.
You seem to misunderstand the fact that the coaches are evaluating these players and putting the best ones on the field.
I don't understand the purpose of putting a guy who is deeper on the depth chart on the field, so it can be proven to YOU why he isn't playing.

You seem to misunderstand the fact that the coaches are evaluating these players and putting the best ones on the field.
I don't understand the purpose of putting a guy who is deeper on the depth chart on the field, so it can be proven to YOU why he isn't playing.
It has nothing to do with me my friend. Going by your logic, The Jets would of never put Kerley ahead of Mason. Things change. Again is Slater a better WR then those in front of him? Probably not, doesn't mean he can't contribute. How many times does a player listed down the depth chart get a chance because of an injury and never look back. Exp. Brady, Miles Austin, Kurt Warner, and hundreds more. Now how many players never get a chance that could of been something special if given the oppurtunity?

The harm is having the better player on the bench while the worse player is on the field. If Price had shown enough in practice to be on the field, he would be on the field.
Some fans seem to think that coaches are not supposed to evaluate players, instead they have to put them all out on the field so the fans can see what they can do.

It has nothing to do with me my friend. Going by your logic, The Jets would of never put Kerley ahead of Mason.
Wrong. Kerley passed Mason.

Things change. Again is Slater a better WR then those in front of him? Probably not, doesn't mean he can't contribute. How many times does a player listed down the depth chart get a chance because of an injury and never look back. Exp. Brady, Miles Austin, Kurt Warner, and hundreds more. Now how many players never get a chance that could of been something special if given the oppurtunity?
So you advocate BB ignoring his assessment of the player, and throwing the guy out on the field who hasnt EARNED snaps, just because maybe he will show some magical skills that no one knew about?

Wrong. Kerley passed Mason.

So you advocate BB ignoring his assessment of the player, and throwing the guy out on the field who hasnt EARNED snaps, just because maybe he will show some magical skills that no one knew about?
Well it wasn't until Kerley performed IN A GAME that the Jets were ready to ship Mason.

And I think Price has earned snaps, what else does he need to do? Also I think Brady is always second guessing where Ocho is going once the ball is snapped. It led to one obvious pick and the one attempt I remember today looks like Ocho went the wrong way. Price has been learning how to run routes in this offense for a year and a half, as opposed to Ocho, who can't seem to grasp it fully yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye