PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats lock up Woodhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brady199

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm not sure what his deal is? Rotoworld has it listed as undisclosed contract, not sure if anyone knows? I'm assuming it is a one year deal.

Should the pats offer him a 3 or 4 year deal?

I'm sure they could get him on the cheap.

This guy looks special. I know its crazy to say he's going to be better then Faulk was, but Faulk wasn't this impressive early on in his career.

Everytime Woodhead head touches the ball, I'm on the edge of my seat.

I say lock em up.:singing:

Agree, Disagree?

Agree. Have no idea how much it would cost though.

are you telling me he is not locked up long term :eek:

lock up the beast (hey, do I have to pay royalty to patjet for this line too ;) )

I bet he'd almost start to cry if he was offered a longterm deal. I'm pretty sure he'd take anything we'd throw at him.

NO, the pats should trade woodhead for a 3rd round pick..... in 2012

I would definitely extend him! Fantastic little player!

Another thing to consider is BJGE is a FA in 2011, but there are about 15 guys coming out in the draft who could easily replace him. I doubt anyone coming out could replace Woodhead as a 3rd down (and then some) RB. Also Faulk is FA as well, and after his knee injury and take into account his age, I don't see him coming back.

A two year deal for sure... but the thing about little guy RBs is that they tend to get banged around a lot and might not hold up health wise

Yes, but the team just have to be sure that he can keep up the work he is doing

He'll more than likely be either an RFA or ERFA after the season. Depends on the new CBA rules, I believe.

Woodhead? Hes only here to help us decipher the Jets game plan..oh wait...yeah sign him up for a few years.

Can you just Imagine BB Grin when he found out the Jets released Woodhead. lol.

Did he commit a crime?

Seriously, I think they'll be able to sign him if they want.

Are the Patriots even allowed to?

IIRC, I read somewhere you can't redo a contract in the same season it was signed. The Patriots just signed Woodhead to a deal. He was a FA signing (not a waiver wire pickup with us assuming the Jets contract)

He may be a little overvalued on the board, no?

But it's true that these are the kind of unnoticed players that make the meat of a team. Resign him.

take it easyyy . dont put so many pressure in his shoulder.

I think Patriots would have a Woody if he signed longterm :bricks:

He'll be an exclusive rights free agent after the season. This is his third year. No need to do anything with him because he will be the Pats' property next season unless they don't want him.

He'll be an exclusive rights free agent after the season. This is his third year. No need to do anything with him because he will be the Pats' property next season unless they don't want him.

yeah i thought that'd be the case. Same type of situation BJGE and Guyton found themselves in pretty sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes