PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats have had Mallett in on the last drive at Buffalo?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Pats have put Mallett in on their last drive against BUF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady NEEDS to be in there in the fourth. We have been taking our foot off the gas in the fourth lately and it has cost us, especially the ravens game. In that ravens game we got conservative and was trying to waste time instead of scoring and going full fledge no huddle etc. This is the first step back to our running up the score ways.

I would rather deal with the media *****n about us running up the score than to deal with heartbreaking losses. Plus blowout wins take the anxiety off my heart. Im young but i don't need that kind of stress in my life. lol

The offense didn't take their foot off the gas at all in the Ravens game. They just didn't execute.

I definitely want to see more Mallett, both for evaluation purposes and to market him. I still don't like him and want to see him traded to the Jets, we could probably draft AJ McCarron as a backup for cheap provided he removes that stupid tattoo.

Yeah. . . . that's, um, interesting.

[Then again, there's Aaron Hernandez. . . .]

Mallet is a wasting asset with 2 more years to run beyond this one. Any and all game tape we can get on him bolsters that asset in the future, so ANY time the Pats can get him into a game is a good one IMHO.

The offense didn't take their foot off the gas at all in the Ravens game. They just didn't execute.

They didn't execute well in Sunday's game until midway through the third quarter. Ergo, they need the reps as a unit.

Games are 60 minutes long.

Not 58.
Not 55.
Not 50.

Who knows, that late connection with Lloyd could be the start of something very nice, a maturing of the Lloyd-Brady connection that will be essential in January.

Maybe Mallett can play in week 17 or in the 4th quarter against the Jets, if we are up 55-0 and they are getting chippy. :D

Mallet is a wasting asset with 2 more years to run beyond this one. Any and all game tape we can get on him bolsters that asset in the future, so ANY time the Pats can get him into a game is a good one IMHO.

Unless it doesn't bolster the asset... In which case everyone knows something they may prefer not to share.

The way things are going in KC we may be in position to land a proven veteran backup for Brady next season who is younger than Tom and knows the offense as Brady runs it, has already made his millions as a starter and would be happy to get back to being part of a winning organization for roughly vet min.

When whether or not 'playing Mallet' is a topic after the game, you know it was a good game.

The way things are going in KC we may be in position to land a proven veteran backup for Brady next season who is younger than Tom and knows the offense as Brady runs it, has already made his millions as a starter and would be happy to get back to being part of a winning organization for roughly vet min.

Matt would be a fine cost-effective backup to a 30-year-old TB, but with a 35-year-old TB, I think that the backup needs to be considered as a possible heir apparent.

Matt C as the heir apparent scares the bejesus out of me. It's starting to be clear that 2008 was a fluke, or maybe more accurately that it was another 18-1 type team in terms of talent that he ushered to 11-5 with a weak schedule. He does not look like a serviceable starter for a contending team. Is Mallett? We don't know, but he seems to at least bring more physical skills to the table.

It doesn't matter......mop up time is not very productive in.....at that point, neither team is doing its normal conditions stuff

Is there any value in trying to develop a back-up QB in blow out garbage time? Also, TB doesn't seem to be in much danger in the final minutes of a route, the play calling looked pretty safe coming down the stretch.

All that quality time didn't help Matt Flynn:bricks:

Eh, I'm not such a big fan of it. If the game is well in hand, I'd rather see him on the bench resting up. It's enough that the risk of injury is there in regular time, but why risk it during garbage time? But, then again, it's not my decision to make. It's Brady's and the coaching staff's.

Yeah, I don't think it's the most efficient thing to do since it means risking injury. At least at the end of the season the extra yards and TDs will put him ahead of people like Flacco and Eli. I'm tired of every year people saying that Brady is not at least a top 3 QB.

With the changes in emphasis in the passing game from what it was originally planned to be, plus the personnel changes, plus the offensives struggles in the first couple of games it seems to me that it made more sense to keep Brady in than it would have made to pull him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes