PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats do to Vinatieri what the Broncos did to Elam?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Patriots do to Vinatieri what the Broncos did to Elam?

• Yes,I would love to have Adam for 1 day to retire as a Patriot

Votes: 83 56.1%
  • No,Adam should not retire as a Patriot

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • Don't really have any opinion

Votes: 12 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Adam is one of the greatest Patriots of all time.

Taking a home town discount is done often in the NFL but Vin. is a KICKER. Not a top 3 QB in the league. Brady is the face of the franchise and is set as far as money goes. You can't compare a QB's salary to a kickers. Ugh.

What makes you think "Adam" would agree to retire as a Pat? I wouldn't be at all surprised if he gives you the finger one more time.

if he wants to retire as a Patriot- i'm all for it, he will always be a great part of this team's history. just remember the feelings you had when he lined up for those big clutch kicks, the tenseness of the situations and the elation as the ball split the uprights. whatever you argue about money and his choices. you can't take away what he did. he's earn't the right to retire as a patriot...if he wants to.

Some of you have lost your minds. Of course I want to see him retire as a Patriot. The Pats won 3 Super Bowls by 3 points...all of which he scored the final points, and lets not forget the Snow Bowl game against the Raiders. Without Vinatieri, there is no Dynasty. Yes it sucks he chose to accept an offer to play for the dreaded Colts, but dang, some of you need to let that grudge go.

I'm against doing this. Nothing against Adam. I just think these "sign for 1 dollar/1 day" deals are completely meaningless. Nomar's signing w/ the Sox for a day was pointless.

If it was another kicker making those kicks in SB 36 and 38, maybe it's a different outcome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back