Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Patriots trade Welker?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the lockout, threads like this were excusable........:bricks:.

No.

Like I said before, who would perform all the locker room pranks? Edelman? That guy is probably so nice he never even pranked his little sister. Face it, this man has responsibilities.

Why would we do that? He's as valuable to the Pats as some of those burners are to their teams because he makes plays and is in sync with Brady.

The question is fine.

Please kill yourself:bricks:

Wow, you take criticism well :rolleyes:

I think the poll might give you your answer! Did you think the Pats should have traded TFB and kept MFC?

"Depth" is not simply having bodies at a position, it is having a solid amount of capable players that can get the jobs done. So, when it comes to receiver how many players have experience with our offense and also have Brady's trust?

I count Branch and Welker.

Why would you trade TFB's favorite target at the BEGINNING of training camp, considering that Branch is no spring chicken and has had a lot of injuries?

The first poster that votes YES should be BANNED ;)

The first poster that votes YES should be BANNED ;)

Aw come on. :(

One topic that the super majority disagrees with what I think. (More like 99% to 1% lol. :D )

I knew that would draw a yes vote..

People are SOOOO predictible...:p

Welker could easily be the difference between a super bowl and another 1st round exit. Unless it's for DeMarcus Ware then the obvious answer should be no.

Would you trade Wes Welker for Mario Williams and a 5th round draft pick from Houston?

Would you trade Wes Welker for Brian Urlacher and Chicago's 2012 4th round draft pick?

Would you trade Wes Welker even up for the Bengals #1 in next year's draft with the new rookie scale in place?

Those trades would probably flip most of us to: "In a heartbeat, I'd make that trade!"

Everyone has trade value. Especially seeing what Trader Bill can do with future 5th and 6th round picks, everybody has trade value. Could the Pats go 12-4 without Welker as presently constituted? Sure.

Last edited:
Sadly there wasn't a "HELL NO" option.

Would you trade Wes Welker for Mario Williams and a 5th round draft pick from Houston? No.

Would you trade Wes Welker for Brian Urlacher and Chicago's 2012 4th round draft pick? No.

Would you trade Wes Welker even up for the Bengals #1 in next year's draft with the new rookie scale in place? No.

For me it would have to be such a lopsided trade that it would likely be disallowed by the league.

Would you trade Wes Welker for Mario Williams and a 5th round draft pick from Houston?

Would you trade Wes Welker for Brian Urlacher and Chicago's 2012 4th round draft pick?

Would you trade Wes Welker even up for the Bengals #1 in next year's draft with the new rookie scale in place?

Those trades would probably flip most of us to: "In a heartbeat, I'd make that trade!"

Everyone has trade value. Especially seeing what Trader Bill can do with future 5th and 6th round picks, everybody has trade value. Could the Pats go 12-4 without Welker as presently constituted? Sure.

I see your point, but realistically, should the Pats trade Welker now? Hell no.

I'd consider trading him for demarcus ware but otherwise no.

In a heartbeat, I'd make that trade!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots