Should the Patriots Bring in Incognito?

• Yes - the Patriots OL needs an infusion crazy bad

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • No - the Patriots dont need his kind of crazy in their lockerroom

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordinarily I'd have said no. But there really aren't any other better options, so far as I can see.

everyone here voting yes must have missed the part where the dolphins oline actually got better AFTER they got rid of incognito.

Do the dolphins have nate solder?

Only if you feel we don't have enough Hazing in our locker room. :p

Anyone who thinks Incognito is going to come in and completely transform the culture of the Patriots locker room or organization into a place of hazing and `bullying` is paranoid and delusional.

Afailius Thomas went from respected, prized FA to locker room cancer in, oh, about half a season on IR.

We already know that Incognito isn't exactly a plus in the locker room.

Anyone who thinks Incognito is going to come in and completely transform the culture of the Patriots locker room or organization into a place of hazing and `bullying` is paranoid and delusional.
Paste together your first 9 words with your last 4 words. There you go.

What is delusional is thinking that the Pats will bring in someone who has such a history as Icognito does. It's not a matter of "completely transforming the culture". It's a matter of one guy coming in and disrupting things. And only a moron would believe that one guy can't do that.

What is delusional is thinking that the Pats will bring in someone who has such a history as Icognito does. It's not a matter of "completely transforming the culture". It's a matter of one guy coming in and disrupting things. And only a moron would believe that one guy can't do that.

Incognito? Incognito is going to come in and eclipse Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and Vince Wilfork to set the cultural tone of the locker room? Gimme' a break.

He would be a very small fish in a very large pond.

Incognito? Incognito is going to come in and eclipse Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and Vince Wilfork to set the cultural tone of the locker room? Gimme' a break.

He would be a very small fish in a very large pond.

I can see that reading comprehension is not your forte...

Clearly you missed Adalius Thomas pulling crap and how it affected the team..

If we are going to dream about Offensive Linemen who are never gonna come here lets dream big. I chose Mangold.

you mean his sister, don't you?

HolleyMangold3412.jpg

Of course!

Has nothing to do with panic: I said I'd take Incognito before the season even started, and there were a fair number of people here who agreed (and plenty who disagreed, considering that that opinion is responsible for the majority of my negative ratings).

This isn't a new sentiment. The OL is this team's achilles heel, largely because there's a lack of talent there. And this team has employed guys like Albert Haynesworth and Aaron Hernandez when they were deemed to fit a need, so exactly what principles are you referring to that would be thrown away by signing someone like Incognito?

Doesn't have to be him, either. He's one of many options that I would be fine with, as long as there's an infusion of talent. TBH, I think the people who are rolling their eyes at the very notion of this just don't realize how bad this line has been. The Pats currently have one of the worst offensive lines in the league, and if it keeps playing like this Brady's not going to make it through the season. It's foolish not to be worried.

Fair enough - but you wouldn't say that there are suddenly lots more people who hadn't considered it before jumping on board the bandwagon? I say that's panicking. And I've been very clear that the play of the OL is our biggest problem on offense.

They've had a really bad start to the year, which in retrospect should probably have been anticipated given that Dante left after being there forever and plugging in someone new after a trade of a starter just before the season began. The interior of the line seemed to get better with Stork in there, and I don't think even Devey's Mom thinks that he should be playing. Who could have foreseen how awful Solder has been this year? Does he suddenly suck after being pretty good for most of his career? That can happen, but it's more likely that they're going through an adjustment period. I'm willing to give them at least a couple more games to figure it out.

We are three weeks in and our OL is still in disarray. WEEI has this poll up and it seems exactly the kind of poll we should have going as well.

Two to three weeks ago Id have said hell no. Today Im thinking he might be a necessary evil if we want to keep #12 from an early retirement.

Really? Not sure I'd go that way on a thread with (unspoken term for female with weak scruples) being tossed around.

BS. Those were allegations which were never proven in a court. If so many ppl saw Incognito assault her, why wasn't he indicted?

Totally on boad with bringing him in. Patriots finally have managed to field a good defense, it would be a shame to lose this season because of atrocious OL play

If he creates trouble, he can be cut at any point

Sure, go ahead and have unprotected sex, you can always cut off your (willie) later...

Ordinarily I'd have said no. But there really aren't any other better options, so far as I can see.

Sometimes the move you don't make is the best move you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes