PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should TB never have done that presser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I feel that he was being totally honest but came off shaky which caused lunatics like Brunell to go off on rants saying TB is lying. He could have done an interview on WEEI and professed his innocence.

I feel it put him in a place which was filled with haters...something BB can handle wih aplomb but not Brady and gave haters more ammunition.

Anyways - Go Pats! Win it not for us....but for yourselves! This one's for you!

I believe he was scheduled to do a mandated press release the next day, he just pushed it back a bit.

This is not something done in isolation, it was done in conjunction with Stacy James/BB/Mr.Kraft..

Remember Brady was scheduled for media availability on Friday. They moved it up to Thurs. It would have made them seem guilty if they'd cancelled Tom's PC. What they probably should have done was have Tom make a statement about his preference regarding the balls and then take questions. It would have allowed him to be more confident before being assaulted with ridiculous questions. I don't blame him for feeling hurt. He's never had his integrity questioned in such an undeserved way and I hope he never has to again.

Last edited:
People saw what they wanted to see. They concluded his body language indicated he was lying. Had he approached it differently then his dismissiveness would have proved he was lying, or his flippance, or seriousness, or his expansive detail in answers, or his lack of detail in answers, or the shirt he wore.

I think he should have done it but in a somewhat more controlled fashion. The first interview should have been a private one with a friendly reporter. The actual press conference should have had prepared statement, a limit on the number of questions overall as well as a limit on the questions per reporter/agency. Something more like that with less shouting would have been better. They should have also used a smaller room so that half of them wouldn't fit in there, hahahaha!

Brady could really cash in here ...endorse a pubic hair removal product telling customers...."take care of your balls"
Veet-Hair-Removal-Gel-Cream.jpg

I thought Brady made the NFL look like a fool

Absolutely. Think about it. The Patriots knew they had done nothing wrong. Belichick then passed the ball to Brady (all sorts of bad puns not intended). Brady is an individual. When it comes to the NFL, he enjoys protections that the Patriots as an organization do not enjoy. In other words, they can't say anything derogatory about him without proof; otherwise, they are exposed to defamation claims not to mention in violation of the CBA. Notice that everything shut down from the NFL after his press conference. It was a very well-conceived strategy. BB wasn't throwing TB "under the bus," together they were setting the NFL up.

I think he should have done it but in a somewhat more controlled fashion. The first interview should have been a private one with a friendly reporter. The actual press conference should have had prepared statement, a limit on the number of questions overall as well as a limit on the questions per reporter/agency. Something more like that with less shouting would have been better.
I don't think it was a well done PC, obviously. However I think every hater wanted Brady to confess. Anything less was a lie. 90% of the media had him tried and guilty before he said a word.

as we know Brady is a emotional guy and I think he came off to some as shaky because BB just said go ask tom about the balls and he may have been a little hurt by that and he had a room full of people calling him a cheater when every QB does the same thing

Brady Is Legit! Haters Gonna Hate!

I think he should have done it but in a somewhat more controlled fashion. The first interview should have been a private one with a friendly reporter. The actual press conference should have had prepared statement, a limit on the number of questions overall as well as a limit on the questions per reporter/agency. Something more like that with less shouting would have been better. They should have also used a smaller room so that half of them wouldn't fit in there, hahahaha!
what kind of message would that have sent? that brady has something to hide, he's scared of answering tough questions from unfriendly reporters.

the way the patriots and brady did the press conference was absolutely the right way to go. he took any and all questions, and even went 10 minutes over the allotted time, because he had nothing to hide.

he sounded a little bit uncomfortable at the beginning, which is understandable given the dumb first question, but i thought as he got used to the aggressive and confrontational questioning, he did just fine.

I think the wrong about the conference was he answered many questions, the best would be this:
Talk about 10 minutes and then answer 5 or 6 dumb questions, just like belichick did.

One of the most outrageous things to occur in all of this were people saying with absolute certainty that Brady was lying without knowing any of the facts. I can maybe understand this from Mark Brunell as this was his desperate attempt to stay relevant (and stay on tv). Troy Aikman is a different story, however, and I kind of feel he has slid under the radar.

I thought Brady handled it will. Is he the best public speaker in the world? Not even close, but I thought he handled himself quite well. He answered all the questions that needed to be answered and provided some perspective. The only people who had an issue were haters like that old Bettis and Brunell, who focused on little crap instead of the whole PC, because they wanted him to be guilty in the first place. Even if he said, he noticed the balls felt under 12.5 but felt like he didn't have to tell the refs, they would still bury him. The mood changed during his PC. His answers were being cut-off often by desperate reporters, they were asking him dumb questions as if they expected a confessional. The second half of that PC changed, his answers were no longer being interrupted, they had no more questions to ask him, he could finally find the proper time to end it, because after he told them the league hadn't contacted him yet, the national media realized they were blowing up nothing and quickly looking for somebody else to blame, which is now, all thanks to Tom Brady, is the NFL itself.

If the coach and ownership asked Brady to do the presser, he should have done it. If the team did not ask him to do it, he should not have done it.

Yes, saying you didn't do it when you have shown impeccable integrity through your entire life means something.

Obviously not to some, but "A man's word" when he looks you in the eye sure as **** means more than an unnamed sources speculation on Twitter in my book.

IMO it's one of the best pieces of evidence we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back