Welcome to PatsFans.com

Should Obama give Bill Maher his million bucks back?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patradomous, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Patradomous

Patradomous In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +341 / 60 / -86

#87 Jersey

When Obama made his phone call conforting his democratic BC prop.
    Did he call sarah palin too for the amount of times Bill Maher called her a slut a c nt and MILF?

Does this mean Obama should give back Maher million dollar donation?

You would think such a high moral hip metrosexual like Bambi would be appaled at such language directed at a woman.

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

I'm not quite sure I follow what it is you're trying to say. I believe Maher donated to his/a SuperPac that supports Obama. If anything I'd call out Obama out for reneging on his promise not to have/use one. I don't think Obama should be responsible for what people who want him to win say. If the money is donated directly to him by someone controversial, sure he could give it back, but I think Maher gave to a PAC.

Maher is a moron of monumental porportions. He's a prime example of the dumb down that is american politics. Everything said without substance, or objectivity, but always with a punchline looking for applause. While people like him rail on others, they genuinely should be looking in the mirror and laughing at themselves.

3. MOSS

MOSS Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Coming from a Howie Carr fan you shouldn't be talking. Bill Maher is a true American patriot that along with Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert trying to restore American news/political debut. He speaks out the bull**** from both sides to push for more substance in our system instead of people like Rush The Blob and Jay Servin. Bill Maher is the Howard Stern of American politics. Everyone seems to despise them but they don't know a ******* thing about the content talk on their shows, all the they've heard was lies from Fox News and CNN. Bill Maher is my political that help me devlop my views on politics along with The Daily Show and Howard Stern.

4. Patradomous

Patradomous In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +341 / 60 / -86

#87 Jersey

I rest my case.:D

5. Real World

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

Howie Carr fan? Are you serious? Howie Carr is the Bill Maher of radio. i.e. Radio for morons.

People I make an effort to listen to or watch:

Judge Napolitano
    Todd Fineberg

People I listen to or watch more than most:

Bill O'Reilly
    Jay Severin
    Larry Kudlow
    Jim Braude
    Mike Felger
    Mike Holley
    D & C
    Anderson Cooper

People I dislike or avoid:

Keith Olberman
    Bill Maher
    Sean Hannity
    Lawrence O'donnel
    Michael Graham
    Howie Carr
    Gresh
    Ordway
    Margery Eagan
    Whichever one the stuttering prick is on Toucher and Rich.
    Anyone on The View
    Michele Mcphee
    Rush Limbaugh
    Jim Kramer

People I might watch without caring what's being discussed...i.e. I think they're hot: ;)

Erin Burnett
    Megyn Kelly
    Contessa Brewer

Let me add that just because I might listen to a person, or show, that doesn't in any way mean that I support whatever it is they say. It doesn't mean that I think like they do, or agree with either their logic, or ideology. It simply means that I find them to either be funnier, more substansive, more critical, more objective, more tolerable, more intelligent, less dumb, less annoying, etc. The people I dislike and avoid are people I consider to be either complete morons, uber partisans, annoying, insufferable, or more or less the Pizza Hut of the entertainment business. While they might seem really good to some people, they're downright awful for me.

BTW, no offense, which probably means what I'm about to say might offend you, but the fact that people like Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, howard Stern, and Steven Colbert have shaped your political views speaks volumes with respect to my overall point, about how dumbed down alot of people in this country are.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

No one who stutters should be hired to speak on radio or television. I hate waiting for the next word when they're stuck....mean? Maybe...but honest too!

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

That's why I came to find that show a little too annoying to listen to. I had been listening to them over D&C when they first hit the airwaves, but after a while their lack of sports IQ, and the stuttering, became too much to bear. So I went back to D&C once they were on the FM dial. What sucks is I used to listen to the radio in my office all the time, but I so dislike all the shows (espacially the midday shows) that I no longer turn my radio on for anyone. I just listen in the car when I'm driving.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,115 / 3 / -10

Nobody will ever believe me but you have described almost everything I watch, I have to add Mush Mouth Matthews I like to laugh and get mad at him, he is a first class JERK.

You were also right on with your comments on Bill Maher he is talentless nasty partisian vulgar piece of sh!t.

9. MOSS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

post deleted

10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +445 / 11 / -14

What is being pointed out is that Maher is the same sort of butt head that Limbaugh is. Mahers comments abot Palin are the same sort of uncivil trash that Limbaugh said about Fluke.

11. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +422 / 8 / -4

Bill Maher is a d*ck. He cares about one thing, imo: Bill Maher.

I agree with a fair amount of what he says politically, but the man is a self-absorbed a*s, not any kind of hero.

12. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i don't know how well maher does it, but stewart is constantly laughing at himself.....

i think he disses himself more than he disses others

13. MOSS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I felt his comments towards Palin was sexist so I agree with your post.

14. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +422 / 8 / -4

imo, Maher and Stewart are pretty different animals, as are their shows

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

I couldn't agree more. They are entirely different. Maher is a classless shock jock host who has little ethical being, or moral fiber. Colbert tries to point out the absurdity of things through comedy. They are very different.

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

"Mush Mouth" Mathews was actually one of my favorite shows before. I used to watch him prior to, and up until the 2008 election. Once he got that "Tingle" up his leg I stopped watching. It wasn't so much that he was openly rooting for a candidate, but more a matter of his no longer remaining objective in any way. He became a Sean Hannity type. Someone who clearly had an agenda for one party. I'll still stop and catch some of his show here and there, when I see a guest I like. I just don't tune in like I always used to.

I can handle a host having a lean one way or the other. Everyone has a personal political view afterall. What I don't like are the shows who strictly cheerlead and propogandize for one side. Shows that tend to defend or support one group all the time, no matter what the position. I just can't take those shows at all really. Definately not when they attempt to present themselves as middle of the road, or independent. I think "Mush Mouth" feels like he's an independent. I've seen him sometimes try to portray himself as such. I used to think he was like BOR. A traditionalist for the most part with a little bit of a lean left or right, but more or less close enough to the mainstream (or middle). His infatuation with Obama totally changed that about him.

17. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I would not compare Maher and Limbaugh. I watch Maher every week and do not watch for his political voice. The guy can be absolutely funny at times (ditto Jon Daley). Maher typically has Republicans on his show. Even had an entire panel of Republicans a few years back. Rush is not funny, nor does have political diversity. Oh yea, Maher is on HBO. Which gives you a license to use profanity and use bad taste. It is not in the same format as a radio talk show. To compare the two because of what they say is fairly bogus.

18. jcdavey

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

yeah maher always has that snobby better than you type of look on his face when he doesn't agree with someone

i think some of his stuff is really good, but that part of him is super annoying

19. jcdavey

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

true, rush isn't comedy , he's just retarded

20. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

A butthead you defend often.

And, Palin didn't bring any of it on with her own diarrhea of the mouth? You'd have a point if Maher trashed a victim-less talking head. Unfortunately for your argument, he didn't. She earned it.